Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto IV

Game » consists of 25 releases. Released Apr 29, 2008

Take on the role of Niko Bellic, a Serbian immigrant who comes to the US at his cousin Roman's request, to find a better life, search for "that special someone" and participate in lawless activities in an upgraded generation of Liberty City.

What is your favorite fake television show in Grand Theft Auto 4?

vikingdeath1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By vikingdeath1

Poll What is your favorite fake television show in Grand Theft Auto 4? (17 votes)

The Men's Room 24%
    Split Sides 0%
    Republican Space Rangers 24%
    Venturas Poker Challence 0%
    Weazel News 0%
    I'm Rich 18%
    The Serrated Edge 6%
    Princess Robot Bubblegum 29%
    A History of Liberty City 0%

With GTA 5 so close I decided to go back and play some GTA 4, but ended up just watching virtual television for an hour.

my favorite has to be Republican Space Rangers, followed by A History of Liberty City. What about you guys?

• 
    Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#1  Edited By Yummylee

I always liked The Men's Room and watching Bas Rutten rip into himself by acting like an utter psychopath. I say this as someone who had never even heard of the guy before hand, though, so... maybe that's all that guy does anyway. Still, he was fun to watch.

The stand-up shows were disappointingly weak, however. While I generally like Ricky Gervais, his performance sounded a bit sedated in GTAIV with little charisma, and that Katt Williams guy is just terribly unfunny. I remember looking him up afterwards to check if he was in fact a real comedian... Frankie Boyle in The Lost & Damned was alright, though.

Avatar image for video_game_king
    Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

The anime one because of course.

noblenerf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By noblenerf

Until I saw this topic, I completely forgot GTA4 even had fake tv shows in it.

From what I recall, Ricky Gervais sounded really forced - like they locked him up in a recording room and commanded him to joke. I don't remember anything else about the shows...

Edit: Oh wait, the Ricky Gervais thing was in a mission with Roman.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Princess Robot Bubblegum does a great job at poking fun of anime tropes. So that.

SeanCoughing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By SeanCoughing

Uhh I played a lot of gta IV but I must have missed these tv shows in the game, that or my memory is shot..... wait how did I get outside?

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

The Men's Room, only because I seemed to catch that playing more than anything else.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.