Favorite GTA radio stations

Posted by stoodspoon (616 posts) 1 year, 3 months ago

Poll: Favorite GTA radio stations (70 votes)

GTA 3 10%
Vice city 46%
San Andreas 29%
GTA 4 14%
#1 Posted by mosespippy (4121 posts) -

I actually have a fondness for the Liberty City Stories radio stations. Vice City Stories has a pretty good fake old radio drama that stands out as the best individual bit of talk radio/public radio parody. Of the options on the poll I have to say Vice City. And I'll also mention that they put an app on the android store called GTA Radio that lets you stream most of the radio stations from the six 3D GTA games.

#2 Posted by Sursh (243 posts) -

i liked 4's best. radio broker especially, and beat 102.9 made liberty city feel authentic.

#3 Posted by blueinferno (448 posts) -

Saint's Row the Third

#4 Posted by jimmyfenix (3853 posts) -

@Blueinferno get the hell out of here ! ! Sr3 had a decent ost if you will but nothing can beat radio los santos !!

#5 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

What. The. Fuck. People actually liked the IV radio? I love IV but the radio was god awful.

San Andreas or Vice City are the correct answers. (San An).

#6 Posted by Pie (7079 posts) -

I actually have a fondness for the Liberty City Stories radio stations. Vice City Stories has a pretty good fake old radio drama that stands out as the best individual bit of talk radio/public radio parody. Of the options on the poll I have to say Vice City. And I'll also mention that they put an app on the android store called GTA Radio that lets you stream most of the radio stations from the six 3D GTA games.

Aww, doesn't seem like you can get that anymore

#7 Posted by Sinusoidal (1421 posts) -

I played the most of 3, and it remains my favorite in most aspects. Every GTA since then has been more of the same.

#8 Posted by Red12b (9084 posts) -

The one and only.

#9 Posted by SploogeStain (39 posts) -

I'm gonna say GTA 3 but I think this is due to nostalgia more than anything. I've played that game to death but Flashback FM (aka Scarface FM) never gets old.

PUSH IT TO THE LIMIT! LIMIIIIIIT!

#10 Posted by Excast (911 posts) -

San Andreas and it isn't even close. So many great songs.

#11 Edited by Vextroid (1390 posts) -

Vice City without a doubt. It introduced me to 80's music!

#12 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

@red12b said:

The one and only.

Yup

Well ok, all the different talk-radio stations are the best.

#13 Edited by damswedon (3185 posts) -

GTA IV has Massive B Soundsystem. It is the only radio station where the DJ goes RRR RRR RRR!

#14 Edited by Winternet (8014 posts) -

I thought you were going to ask about the actual radio stations.

And yeah it's Vice City, because hey it's the 80s.

#15 Edited by CommanderGermanShepard (303 posts) -

Always felt like Burton era Batman driving around at night to this.

And rolling down Times Square for the first time and this came on the radio was pretty memorable gaming memory.

#16 Posted by CommanderGermanShepard (303 posts) -

What. The. Fuck. People actually liked the IV radio? I love IV but the radio was god awful.

San Andreas or Vice City are the correct answers. (San An).

I felt like GTA IV's radio introduced me to alot of great music, where as San Andreas just played heaps of songs I already knew. Both my top 2 favourite stations though.

#17 Posted by Elyhaym (195 posts) -

Vice City radio. It really captured the feel of that era and made the game so much more enjoyable for me.

#18 Posted by Eviternal (193 posts) -

Vice City, because damn if it isn't the most evocative. An honourable mention goes to GTA 3 for some solid writing and for the classical station: an assassination staple.

I found San Andreas to be all right, but GTA IV did nothing for me.

#19 Posted by Alexander (1721 posts) -

Undoubtedly Vice City

http://media.rockstargames.com/rockstargames/img/global/news/upload/rockstarlovers_fernando.jpg

#20 Posted by WalkerTR77 (1361 posts) -

I really hope GTAV has a dad station for Michael that only plays Phil Collins, Robert Palmer, Genesis, Hall & Oates and Queen.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.