Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

GTA V PC Delayed to March 24, System Requirements Revealed

• 51 results
    Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

@korwin said:

@raven10 said:

@ripelivejam said:

@kubqo: blast your quads

Anyway i don't think this is that much different compared to dying light which quite a few raged over. To play this game (at least decently or at ps4 level fidelity) it still appears you need upper echelon hardware. Seems like barring some cool indie games and pc only titles quad core, 8gb RAM, and 2-4gb vram or more (!) Is required for entry. Feels like im already floundering just having upgraded my system a few months ago.

Upper echelon? You could build a PC that meets the recommended specs for around $750. Hell, my 5+ year old PC meets the minimum requirements. As far as quad core and 8 GB of RAM being required, the consoles have 8 cores and 8 GB of RAM. They use around 2 GB of that for the OS, which is far less than many people's PCs. Anyone who thought that they were going to get away with anything less than the specs you listed this generation doesn't know what they are doing. I would expect by this time next year that specs will be even higher. An 8800, which was the baseline GPU for much of the last generation wasn't even released until a year after the Xbox 360 shipped. Going by that, I expect the 980 is going to probably be your point of entry in a couple of years.

TIL a sub $200 GPU from 2 and a half years ago is upper echelon hardware :P

I can't even imagine what a $3000 Titan Z is if a 660 is upper echelon.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.