Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

New Patch (1.02) is Live on PS3!

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By fetchfox

It is not on xbox yet, here's the writeup:

Grand Theft Auto Online Launch Updates

Some have answered that this fixes the bug when trying to race Lamar in the first mission (first mission spoiler). But be warned, others have said that this freezes their console. A possible fix is to wait for 30-40 seconds after the update prompt pops up after booting the game. People on other forums have reported that this works.

Lets hope this helps, especially those of you that haven't been able to enter the online at all.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Patch froze my console but it still worked .

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

How about they fix it so that someone who just killed you cant log out so they can hide from your revenge?

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

From what i have been hearing is that the patch has helped most players through the tutorial yet characters going missing is still a problem for some people.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By thatdutchguy

@jimmyfenix said:

From what i have been hearing is that the patch has helped most players through the tutorial yet characters going missing is still a problem for some people.

Yeah... i hope i dont lose my character again :O i'm beginning to like the game.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thatdutchguy: Same here, I lost my first character. The money carried over, so that's good at least. But I'm not buying anything big until I know it's been fixed.

VeRKK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is my third character i lost... and lost my money twice... not gonna do that tutorial again...

Avatar image for usernameandemail
    Usernameandemail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That explains why my console keeps hanging

MrXakaRebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@the_laughing_man: Shackles that attach to the controller that don't open until everybody in the game feels they've had sufficient revenge? They should totally do that...

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

360 Patch is apparently going live tomorrow morning, though to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't come out until Monday or some shit.

Hope it doesn't fuck up my character or anything. I finally got past the tutorial just a bit ago.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone know if they fixed the disappearing cars in the single player yet? Wanna know if it's worth it to pimp out a car yet or not

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Finally got to play. Was pretty cool ran into some Giantbomb duders. I like playing in public games because it pulls in enough crew members and friends to have allies but still leaving a few dangerous rogue elements in the world. I randomly stumbled across @turboman as I was hiding from the cops after robbing a store. We robbed more stores, shot some cops and it all ended after a 4 star chase with Turboman flipping the cops off naked in the middle of the free way. So, thats a thing that happened that I'm all right with. Still not convinced if this will have super long lasting potential for me but damn if it isn't fun for right now at least. Also played some golf with another duder.

Skyrider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Skyrider

@demoskinos: I do believe I was that duder with whom you played golf (mod-n-dash)! I had my mic muted, otherwise much grunting and swearing would have been heard. I had no idea how to play golf, but it seemed intuitive enough which was nice.

Also, I don't know about some of you, but I've had more trouble connecting since the patch launched, lots of rockstar cloud servers not available, unable to load character slot 1 data etc.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_laughing_man: Shackles that attach to the controller that don't open until everybody in the game feels they've had sufficient revenge? They should totally do that...

I mean like they should not be able to kill me and run off instantly able to log out . Maybe a 5 min timer.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@skyrider said:

@demoskinos: I do believe I was that duder with whom you played golf (mod-n-dash)! I had my mic muted, otherwise much grunting and swearing would have been heard. I had no idea how to play golf, but it seemed intuitive enough which was nice.

Also, I don't know about some of you, but I've had more trouble connecting since the patch launched, lots of rockstar cloud servers not available, unable to load character slot 1 data etc.

Oh yeah, it was. Was so pissed I missed that one putt , lol I could have at least tied it up. -_______-

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.