Official Giant Bomb GTA V Crews (360 / PS3)

#1301 Edited by Clonedzero (4091 posts) -

Haha we got this awesome race lobby going for awhile hosted by CrimePays been a blast (i suck at planes)

BTW, if you didnt know, wait to hit RT till it says "GO" and you get a boost at the start if you time it right. I noticed a bunch of you weren't doing it so i didnt know if you knew or not.

#1302 Edited by Zleunamme (651 posts) -

Is there any other PS3 Giant Bomb crews I can join? PSN ID: Zleunamme

#1303 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Yo - just sayin', on the overflow PS3 Crew I've encountered what sounded like a 3-year old. I dunno man, that's wierding me out to no end. PM me, if you want to do something about it, or whatever. Whoever's responsible for GBPS.

#1304 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

@seppli said:

Yo - just sayin', on the overflow PS3 Crew I've encountered what sounded like a 3-year old. I dunno man, that's wierding me out to no end. PM me, if you want to do something about it, or whatever. Whoever's responsible for GBPS.

Turns after, after something was "done about it" in the most Godfather-wannabe way, it was just a 29 year old with voice pitch on.
Oh well :P

#1305 Edited by Capum15 (4808 posts) -

@kato: Oh, I was referring to blowing up one of their cars with both of them in it. All I wanted to do was heel kick in a window, but apparently I was holding grenades. Wonder how many cars you have to destroy before the Bad Sport kicks in.

Also I apologize to whoever ran that "steal the cars for Simeon" mission with me yesterday, where both cars were driving. Everything decided to just go wrong.

#1306 Posted by rockman10 (50 posts) -

Just sent a request for xbox 360 crew, gamertag ProfittOfRegret

#1307 Posted by shatteringlast (205 posts) -

Just joined the overflow 360 crew. Questions about the logo: Can we change the background to transparent?

#1308 Posted by Gorilla_Corn (32 posts) -

@shatteringlast:

If I can find who did it originally and have them do it, absolutely.

#1309 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

@gorilla_corn: Can anyone go in an edit Emblems like it though?
Like click on it and just make edits to it or is that just Social Club being funky when you click on it?

#1310 Edited by shatteringlast (205 posts) -

@zeforgotten: It seems a little bugged right now. Shocking.

It's not super important. I'm just OCD about dumb things sometimes lol.

#1311 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

@shatteringlast: Oh no, I'm with you on this one. Looks ... "out of place" having a background on an otherwise pretty cool "Emblem" (what a stupid name, can't it just be a crew logo? I mean, really?)

#1312 Posted by composite (132 posts) -

I finally got GTA Online working by rearranging my internal network to be more standard (router is dhcp and dns server, instead of using my mac mini as dhcp and dns server). It didn't affect any other game except GTA. Weird. Anyway, now that I can play the Giantbomb PS3 crews are full. If anyone wants to play, I'm Corkandorgha on PSN. Cheers!

#1313 Posted by totendeer (14 posts) -

I've just sent a request for the second xbox360 crew. Social Club name is totendeer, Xbox name is HjortEn.

#1314 Posted by Kato (154 posts) -

@zeforgotten: @shatteringlast: I made the logo (Emblem) . Did you guys update it yet? I didn't know that there was a background on it, I didn't even know that that was an option.

#1315 Posted by shatteringlast (205 posts) -

@kato: I made an emblem and put it in the Gallery for the crew. If you want to make a transparent background, in the editor you have that column of colors. The very bottom square is the background color. Pick the option that is white with a diagonal red line through it. That's the transparent one!

#1316 Edited by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

Here's me repping GB hard. Note my World Record tattoo.

#1317 Edited by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

@kato: Now you know and it seems the deed is done so you are forgiven for your near fatal mistake!
Backgrounds are serious business, I'll have you know :P

#1318 Edited by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

Joined the xbox 360 overflow

#1319 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

Someone in the over flow watched the cops gun me down :(

#1320 Posted by Shiro2809 (54 posts) -

Any chance for some more side crews? I just got the game a few days ago and would love to join a GB crew =D

#1321 Posted by shatteringlast (205 posts) -

@shiro2809: I believe there is still room in the 360 side crew.

#1322 Edited by vikingdeath1 (928 posts) -

Wait, the crew limit is only 300 people?

So is everyone who wants to join but wasn't one of the first 600 people to join these 2 groups just screwed?

Is the solution just to create a 3rd crew, and a 4th? 5th?

#1323 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Wait, the crew limit is only 300 people?

So is everyone who wants to join but wasn't one of the first 600 people to join these 2 groups just screwed?

Is the solution just to create a 3rd crew, and a 4th? 5th?

Yeah sounds like it, Rorie sounded like he had given up on talking with someone at Rockstar about opening up the crews by removing the crew limits when he mentioned it in the chat for the last Dark Souls-thingy

#1324 Posted by Clonedzero (4091 posts) -

I just wasted 100k on modding out a crappy SUV. Started a mission with some duders, i was like "ill cut through the desert with my cool new offroad SUV" gets stuck on a rock and i have to steal a helicopter to catch up to my team.

#1325 Posted by Arouga (66 posts) -

So it turns out i'm the leader for the actual official gb social club crew from the max payne 3 days. So i cleaned out the crew and since im on ps3 well use this as another "overflow" crew i guess. But i'll leave it as open so feel free to join

#1326 Posted by Spartan117Tron (90 posts) -

Why did I get kicked out of the GB 360 crew I was I'm it since Max Payne and got on today and I'm no longer in it?

#1327 Edited by Paarthurnax (22 posts) -

I should have joined when I had chance, oh darn. Back to playing GTAV by myself. Well I'll check in later in case another GB gets made.

#1329 Edited by DharmaBum (1046 posts) -

@arouga said:

So it turns out i'm the leader for the actual official gb social club crew from the max payne 3 days. So i cleaned out the crew and since im on ps3 well use this as another "overflow" crew i guess. But i'll leave it as open so feel free to join

Thanks for doing that, I've added GBSQ to the OP. Do you want to it be multiplat or just PS3?

#1330 Posted by Kato (154 posts) -

I've been trying to change the emblem on the second 360 crew for 10 minutes. Does anyone know how to change it? I made a transparent version and published it, but can't figure out how to change the crew's actual image. I feel like a madman over here.

#1331 Posted by shatteringlast (205 posts) -

@kato: I think someone has to be a Commissioner or higher to set an emblem. Not 100% sure though.

#1332 Posted by Demoskinos (14562 posts) -

Wait Rorie has a contact at Rockstar? I thought all of that talk was just people being silly. What video did he talk about this? Also, I wish it would go above 300 a lot of the people in the default PS3 crew seem to never play online anymore. I think there should be weekly pruning of the member list. If active players who can't get in could do so by removing some of the chaff taking up spots the person in charge should do that.

#1333 Posted by MuftyRiots (86 posts) -

@demoskinos: A whole bunch of people taking up spots don't have GB as their active crew either making it hard to get into games with GB peeps even if you are in one of the crews.

#1334 Edited by Arouga (66 posts) -

@dharmabum: Should probably have it as a ps3 crew so it's more organized. Apologies for the slow response

Edit: Actually let's have a multiplatform crew. For the heck of it. Everyone is welcome!

#1335 Posted by Jocund (124 posts) -

Hey Hey, I just joined the overflow GB crew (GLHB); my gamertag is DapperGhoul, so hit me up whenever for some shenanigans. I'll only ever be able to play every once and a while, though, since my college doesn't allow wi-fi to be used for xbox live stuff (which is endlessly frustrating, but whatever.) I am, however, on Fall Break, so I'll be decently active for at least the next couple days. Woo!

#1336 Edited by Skyrider (330 posts) -

@demoskinos: Yeah, I was just looking through the crew member rankings and based on that there are 61 crew members in the official PS3 squad that haven't even played (ie don't even have any data for the rankings to show), and well over 100 who have only clocked a handful of hours online.

#1337 Posted by shatteringlast (205 posts) -

I have an idea for a different emblem. "CHINA DON'T CARE". Obvious, I know, but still. And it'd make sense since our crew color is bright pink.

I'd make it myself, however I am super devoid of creativity, and can't figure out how to make text out of a bunch of shapes. Also I've been up for 20+ hours and need a nap.

#1338 Posted by jimmyfenix (3829 posts) -

@demoskinos: @skyrider: Whereabouts are you guys seeing data for active players ? I will be able to kick members of the PS3 crew if they have not played GTA Online thus far.

#1339 Posted by Skyrider (330 posts) -

@jimmyfenix: On the crew's page on the socialclub, go to the gta online tab. At the bottom of that page is the leaderboard and member rankings. Sometimes the member rankings don't work, mind you (as in they won't rank people in the order it's supposed to). When it does work, you can see that near the bottom of the rankings there a plenty of people who have barely played. It won't actually list the players who haven't played, however, since there's no data to collect for them. Culling those folks will probably be a pain.

#1340 Posted by xpogox (48 posts) -

What's the chance of a new crew opening up for the PS3?.

#1341 Edited by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

Wait Rorie has a contact at Rockstar? I thought all of that talk was just people being silly. What video did he talk about this? Also, I wish it would go above 300 a lot of the people in the default PS3 crew seem to never play online anymore. I think there should be weekly pruning of the member list. If active players who can't get in could do so by removing some of the chaff taking up spots the person in charge should do that.

It wasn't in a video, just the Twitch chat for a video. I asked him how it was coming and he said we're likely screwed.

#1342 Posted by Clonedzero (4091 posts) -

So my character now has a sick mermaid tattoo on his arm, so i decided he's Pete from The Adventures of Pete & Pete all grown up and fallen into a life of crime.

#1343 Posted by MarkM (288 posts) -

every waking moment with this damn game...

psn: abadoxius

#1344 Edited by dukesideofthemoon (8 posts) -

@clonedzero: You know Little Pete voice's Jimmy in the story mode right? :)

Edit: PSN is TeflonJuan

I just joined the original Bomb Squad hope it gets some more members it's looking pretty light!

#1345 Posted by Gorilla_Corn (32 posts) -

If anybody wants to do something with emblem changing, or can take some kind of charge in the crew and get people together to make playing a little more fun, let me know. I am willing to promote anybody that will continue to help make playing with fellow bombers fun

#1346 Posted by shatteringlast (205 posts) -

@gorilla_corn: I'll take even a temporary promotion to get the emblem changed. I'd have to be a commissioner I think. I'm not online enough to really have any true power, but I'd change the emblem for the duders.

#1347 Posted by marc (489 posts) -

i joined the original giant bomb squad as well. PSN is marcaractac for anyone who wants to add me!

#1348 Posted by ghostspectre43 (1 posts) -

Just joined the GBSQ crew on 360; I'll be getting GTA V in a few weeks so i decided to set up what crew I'd be in.

#1349 Posted by ATLFalconsfan (47 posts) -

Whenever a spot for the PS3 crew opens up, I would like to join so send me a message when it opens up.

#1350 Posted by Gorilla_Corn (32 posts) -

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.