Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Grand Theft Auto V

Game » consists of 21 releases. Released Sep 17, 2013

Rockstar returns to the fictional state of San Andreas with a crew of three criminal protagonists who work together to pull off a series of high-profile heists.

PC Impressions

• 60 results
    s80007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@pimblycharles: Boxed copies do not have a steam key, I remember older rockstar games not having steam keys. Both L A Noire and Max Payne 3 on the pc came with the social club codes. Also for the first time, the prices for physical and steam copies were the same so I got the steam version.

PimblyCharles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@s80007: Thanks for the information! It's a shame many companies opt to not include a steam key for retail boxed copies of pc games. I think steam works only games are the only ones you can count on to have a steam code in the box.

s80007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pimblycharles: You can add it to steam as a non steam game, also back up the dvd setup so that you can re-install it again.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#54  Edited By Dave_Tacitus

I'm in the process of booting up my old PS3 copy (10 updates since I last played it) so I can feel better about buying the same game twice for full price in little over a year...

EDIT/Update: The PS3 version is hugely impressive for such old hardware but I lasted about 5 minutes. Yep, buyer's remorse averted. :D

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love that I won't have to spend (relatively) that much in upgrades to get the game running for me. Just a Haswell i5 and 4 more GBs of RAM for around $230 to $250 and I'll be good to go according to a few tech sites.

What are your specs now?

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@thesilenttruth said:

I love that I won't have to spend (relatively) that much in upgrades to get the game running for me. Just a Haswell i5 and 4 more GBs of RAM for around $230 to $250 and I'll be good to go according to a few tech sites.

What are your specs now?

Just 4GBs of RAM, a GTX 750Ti SC, and a Celeron G1840. Everything else is listed here.

I built it about four months ago since I had around $500 to spare, and it does what I wanted it to do which is to play some older games that I used to have on 360 and PS3.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#57  Edited By Justin258
    FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258: I'm pretty sure that the Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H has support for Haswell CPUs of any grade. It ain't fancy, but it gets the job done. Much like Trevor's penis if you think about it.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

@believer258: I'm pretty sure that the Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H has support for Haswell CPUs of any grade. It ain't fancy, but it gets the job done. Much like Trevor's penis if you think about it.

Just makin' sure. I saw that you had a Celeron processor and was on a cellphone so I couldn't check myself and thought I should mention it.

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258: I follow Linus, Jayz, Paul, Austin, Elric, Will, Norm, and I occasionally look at Logan's videos every once in a while. I know what's up. It was NCIX's benchmark video that inspired my original post.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thesilenttruth: What the hell, I didn't even know they made Celerons anymore, and with the 1150 socket type to boot! Wow, you learn something new every day. Now I see what you mean about being able to just drop an i5 in that mobo. Cool stuff, man. That'll be a great upgrade.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@thesilenttruth: I'm in a pretty similar position as you except I have a Pentium G3258 (overclocked to 4ghz). I was all ready to drop like 300 bucks on a 970 in addition to an i5 but after seeing some of those performance videos I think I'll just do the CPU and Ram upgrade for now. Shocked to see the 750 ti is able to run the game on high settings at 1080p and still get 50-60fps. (Even with FXAA and 16X anisotropic filtering)

Loading Video...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.