Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gravity Rush

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Feb 09, 2012

An open world action-adventure game in which players take control of Kat, an amnesiac who finds herself in a strange city with a black cat... and the power to manipulate gravity.

Platinum'd Gravity Daze - Questions about the game?

Salmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Salmon

Hi guys, I finished Gravity Daze last night and got the platinum trophy. If you have any questions to help with the wait until release, I'll try to answer them as best I can. I didn't really understand the story though so mostly gameplay questions please. :D

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By FancySoapsMan

how long is it

Salmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Salmon

Took me 12 hours to finish the story while doing some challenges along the way. Almost 17 hours to platinum.

Salmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Salmon
    donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#5  Edited By donutfever

What do spend more time doing in it, fighting or platforming?

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RE_Player1

Do you think this game will be well received when it arrives in North America?

Salmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Salmon

@DonutFever said:

What do spend more time doing in it, fighting or platforming?

You definitely do more "platforming" than fighting. Quite a few story chapters are almost 80-90% navigation and platforming, with a little fighting in between.

There are a few pretty "big" battles later in the game, but it's not a common occurrence.

@msavo said:

Do you think this game will be well received when it arrives in North America?

I'm pretty sure it will be, and I will be extremely saddened if it isn't. For $39.99, there's a lengthy story mode, fun game-play, good controls with touch-screen and tilt features that don't feel forced, and a new universe that I feel is really worth experiencing.

If there's a Western game Gravity Daze will probably be compared to, it will be some super-hero game like Infamous; enjoyable powers, flying around cities, fighting monsters, and even the beeps that start up when you're about to run out of power really make one feel like a super-hero.

I put up some videos on YouTube of some of the challenges if anyone is interested. The video and audio is low quality, but it's the best I could do with a webcam and YouTube's recording feature. D:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQDa4tEKUG0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xA4C0lG87h4

Salmon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Salmon

Platinum isn't too difficult. You can't miss any trophies and you can continue the game after finishing it to mop up whatever trophies are left. A few of the trophies are associated with, IMO, some of the hardest fights in the game though (but that's not saying much), but it's definitely doable.

Just takes time but not a lot. I platinum'd it in under 15 hours.

marben79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By marben79

how many chapters are in the game?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.