Green Lantern the game: Check It Out

#1 Posted by Sammo21 (3262 posts) -

I'm sure most people write movie tie in games off immediately but I think if you like action games like God of War or Devil May Cry you should at least rent Green Lantern. I really enjoyed it, but unfortunately the replay value is low. I'd say it takes about 5+ hours to go through the story mode.

#2 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

@sammo21: is there co-op? Because I added a few screenshots a while back and there seemed to be co-op attacks

#3 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@Yanngc33 said:

@sammo21: is there co-op? Because I added a few screenshots a while back and there seemed to be co-op attacks

There is co op. Its more or less a GOW with the green lantern. 
#4 Posted by CitizenKane (10506 posts) -

Moved to the Green Lantern forum.

#5 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

@The_Laughing_Man said:

@Yanngc33 said:

There is co op. Its more or less a GOW with the green lantern.

Co-op moves?

#6 Posted by Legxend (124 posts) -

The game is a lot of fun, and while it feels at first it feels like God of War at the start once you start to unlock the constructs it blends the gameplay into its own thing. For a movie game I was actually suprised at the quality and presentation of the game,  I would really like to see another game from this team to see what the could do with a bigger budget and more time.

#7 Posted by fox01313 (5069 posts) -

Was a bit hesitant myself on this one as it seemed to be yet another movie tie in but while it's not an award winning game, it's definitely not that bad compared to other comic themed movie tie-in games (ie. Iron Man, Fantastic Four, ect.). Pretty short too as after a few hours it's quite easy to get most of the achievements out of it plus they did a good thing for the collectibles which shows on the replay mission menu on which ones you have & which are missing (more games need to do this btw). Recommended rental but unexpectedly fun.

#8 Posted by TSchonbeck (127 posts) -

I'm rolling through it now, I'm enjoying it more than I had expected.

#9 Posted by DeanoXD (608 posts) -

i will say this its a easy 1000 points

#10 Posted by Enigma777 (6071 posts) -

That movie was shit so it will probably detract from the game, just like how the Wolverine movie turned what could have been an excellent hack-n-slash into a POS.

#11 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2296 posts) -

@Enigma777 said:

That movie was shit so it will probably detract from the game, just like how the Wolverine movie turned what could have been an excellent hack-n-slash into a POS.

...the game was still good, except for the excessively long second level set in the Weapons X factory. That level just dragged on and on.

#12 Posted by Enigma777 (6071 posts) -

@SomeDeliCook said:

@Enigma777 said:

...the game was still good, except for the excessively long second level set in the Weapons X factory. That level just dragged on and on.

The bosses and "story" ruined it for me. It would have been so much better if it had nothing to do with that abomination of a movie.

#13 Posted by huntad (1931 posts) -

Maybe I don't have high movie standards, but I didn't hate the movie. I didn't see a problem with it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.