Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guacamelee!

Game » consists of 15 releases. Released Apr 09, 2013

Guacamelee! is a side-scrolling Metroidvania style game featuring a luchador on a quest through dual worlds to save El Presidente's daughter.

Anyone playing this with a home theater setup?

pdawg17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By pdawg17

Do the fighting/grunting sounds from Juan come out of the surround speakers for you? I get other sounds from the front speakers so I know they are working. Just curious if this is what was intended for the audio. Almost seems backwards to what my brain expects to hear...

Forkstik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Forkstik

Yes playing with a 5.1 setup, and sounds like running/bunching barrels explosions can't be heard. Only sounds that seem to be working right are ambient background stuff and the music. Kinda weird right? Wonder if there is some setup that needs to be fixed maybe?

Edit: if you have the option, try changing sound output on your receiver to Stereo. All the sounds are there!

expensiveham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Considering how small the studio is i would not be surprised if they did not do proper QA testing for surround audio.

Avatar image for budweisenheimer
    BudWeisenheimer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Yes, the audio is backward. The feetsteps and punches and grunts are all behind me. Yet, the background music is in front.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Yes, the audio is backward. The feetsteps and punches and grunts are all behind me. Yet, the background music is in front.

Maybe that's what they want you to think as Juan comes up from behind with a SUPLEX!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.