Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

Lincoln Force GW2 Release Q&A Thread

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

Lincoln Force GW2 Release Q&A Thread

Hello all!

If you have any questions about the guild for release, feel free to ask questions here and we'll try to answer them.

FAQ

Can I join the guild?

Yes! No application required, just don't be a jerk. All you need to do is post here and enter your GW2 details in the spreadsheet posted here.

Which server is the guild on?

Yak's Bend. For everyone - US, EU guys and Oceanics like myself.

When will I be invited?

Invites will be sent out every couple of hours on the first day of headstart and upon release day. Once a day otherwise at a minimum until we get everyone on the spreadsheet in. Please don't jump the queue by messaging us, at least to begin with, we'll be busy inviting people and trying to have some fun for ourselves - but if it's been a while, shout in any of the officers' general directions (their account names can be found at the top of the roster in the second link above).

Where is everybody? Guild chat seems quiet!

This is something that has reoccurred every beta and stress test. Why? Cos we're chillin on voice! In fact, I'm there right now!

I just made a new character, why am I not showing up in the guild?

Don't worry, you're still in the guild for your new character, you just have to do the following (unless it has changed);

1. Hit "G" for the guild page
    2. Hit the wrench in the bottom of the options on the left
    3. Click our guild if not already selected, then hit "represent guild".

This is because you can actually be a part of multiple guilds and represent different ones on any character at any given time. You can change this option after you set it.

I joined the wrong server, can I switch?

You can actually switch servers for the first couple of days of release for free. After this, you need to use gems to switch servers (paid for with via in-game gold or real world bux).

Can I play with you guys even though I am on another server?

Not at launch, the guesting feature (hopping into other servers temporarily free of charge) didn't make the cut. It's on its way though. Make sure to complain on the GW2 forums.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By TheHT

Man, you're getting all kinds of stickies up in here. This one is certainly deserving of it.

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette

Thanks for the quick thinking, Cynic. New topics were starting to pop up a little too frequently.

Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Maystack

Yo what server are we going to be on again?

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette
    @Maystack: I hope it's a European one. I'm from Europe, you see.
    Monthenor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Monthenor

Le Bend du Yak?

theimmortalbum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By theimmortalbum

Son, I know I'm only 81 on the list, but if I'm not invited in the first 30 minutes, I will raise hell. ;)

Also, with the Mumble - it was good the other day with just a handful of us.. I get the feeling it's going to be chaotic and unusable when we get 15-20+ in there trying to all talk at once. What are the plans for that?

Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Maystack

@theimmortalbum: I know in one of the betas there were different rooms for all the races. That made it so it wasn't too hectic.

Bahloo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bahloo

is right. When you are on the server you can see that there are a couple of main channels split into even more sub-channels to keep things structured and organized.

There's one for WvWvW and all its participants, there's sPvP with channels for three separate groups and there is PvE with channels for each race and I believe three dungeon channels. More can be added, as far as I know.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Subjugation

@selfconfessedcynic said:

Please don't jump the queue by messaging us, at least to begin with, we'll be busy inviting people and trying to have some fun for ourselves - but if it's been a while, shout in any of the officers' general directions (their account names can be found at the top of the roster in the second link above).

Not enough emphasis can be placed on this. It's work enough trying to progress through the list in a timely manner, but it gets straight up chaotic when people start sending direct tells en masse. We understand you're excited, we are too. We just ask that you be patient with us because there is actually the slightest amount of method to our madness.

Felgrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Felgrim

@selfconfessedcynic said:

You can actually switch servers for the first couple of days of release for free. After this, you need to use gems to switch servers (paid for with via in-game gold or real world bux).

So if Yak's Bend is gets full before I can get in there like it was on the stress tests I can just roll somewhere then transfer over later.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Felgrim: Yup!

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By TheHT

Are you guys going do a livestream leading up to pre-launch? If so, what time's it going to start?

Avatar image for vincentblackrose
    VincentBlackrose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By VincentBlackrose

Just wondering, would a guild invite arrive while I am offline? Thanks, can't wait to join.

Edit: Also, would being on an overflow server cause me to not be available for invite?

Gantrathor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Gantrathor

What happens if I have to make a new account to get into the headstart, and I update my info on the spreadsheet, but an invite was already sent to the old account? 'Cause, uhh, I kind of had to make a new account. But I don't know if an invite was sent to the old one already.

selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@VincentBlackrose said:

Just wondering, would a guild invite arrive while I am offline? Thanks, can't wait to join.

Edit: Also, would being on an overflow server cause me to not be available for invite?

To answer this question, overflow doesn't seem to effect it and the [CBSi] guys are on the case.

@Gantrathor said:

What happens if I have to make a new account to get into the headstart, and I update my info on the spreadsheet, but an invite was already sent to the old account? 'Cause, uhh, I kind of had to make a new account. But I don't know if an invite was sent to the old one already.

An invite was most likely sent to the old one, so just add yourself to the bottom of the spreadsheet and leave a note.

- From my phone

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By weltal

Posting my name to the board. Can't wait!

SithToast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SithToast

I just poasted my info!

Philip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By Philip

Hey I see alot of new people joining the spreadsheet, myself included.

When can we expect more Guild invites to go out?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.