Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guild Wars 2

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Aug 28, 2012

Guild Wars 2 is an online RPG developed by ArenaNet, and continues the subscriptionless business model of the original Guild Wars. The game is set about 250 years after the events of its predecessor in a world devastated by the ancient elder dragons resurfacing after millennia of slumber.

No BWE in May

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette

Earlier today, Martin Kerstein clarified on Facebook what was already looking to be the case. That is, there will be no beta event this weekend (5/25 - 5/27). So if you were planning to use your Memorial Day Monday to justify a Guild Wars 2 binge, I don't know, go have a barbecue or something instead.

Oh? When is BWE2 happening, you ask?

We will be able to tell you exactly when BWE2 will take place as soon as all the hardware has been deployed. We are not withholding a date intentionally, we want to make sure that BWE2 will be a really great experience for all of you.

"When it's ready."(TM)
    Brians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Brians

They had one already this month

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette
    @Brians: They had a 7-hour stress test. No BWE, though.
    RobbieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By RobbieMac
    @Dark_Lord_Spam: Excellent, we have bought ourselves some time.
    Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Beaudacious

Wow really? I actually made sure my entire weekend was clear because last BWE I was fairly busy.

I honestly can't say this doesn't peeve me a little. One BWE a month was promised, and even that can't be delivered?

This wont go over well on Guru, and I honestly don't blame them. I understand there are difficulties, but don't promise one BWE a month if you're unsure of delivery.

When it's ready is really being stretched to the limit on every subject. Should be used as a political campaign slogan.

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6  Edited By Commisar123

Too bad, I really want to give the game a shot

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jazz_Lafayette
    @Beaudacious said:

Wow really? I actually made sure my entire weekend was clear because last BWE I was fairly busy.

I honestly can't say this doesn't peeve me a little. One BWE a month was promised, and even that can't be delivered?

This wont go over well on Guru, and I honestly don't blame them. I understand there are difficulties, but don't promise one BWE a month if you're unsure of delivery.

When it's ready is really being stretched to the limit on every subject. Should be used as a political campaign slogan.

They've never actually said "one beta a month." It's always been more vague than that.
    Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Maystack

@Dark_Lord_Spam: Clever bastards. Although 'monthly schedule' isn't that vague.

Avatar image for selfconfessedcynic
    selfconfessedcynic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

shinboy630

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By shinboy630

I wonder if ANet being like a 20 minute drive from Valve has caused them to adopt "Valve Time" in their release schedule.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

"It's done when it's done...maybe. Possibly longer. Actually, a lot longer. Okay, not that much longer but still, not any time soon. Or, it could be sooner than anyone expects. Not really."- AreaNet.

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Subjugation

I was actually pretty happy when I heard about this because I'll be gone traveling during this weekend and would have missed the entirety of the BWE. And to be completely fair, ArenaNet never explicitly said that there would always be a BWE every month, but they said they were aiming to have them about once a month. I'm sure I could dig up the statement if I cared to.

Edit: You guys only have yourselves to blame for showing up in such large numbers that you exceeded their expectations. Oh, and for actually beta testing and reporting things that need fixing. You know, shame on you guys for actually doing what you're supposed to be doing.

Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Beaudacious

@insane_shadowblade85 said:

"It's done when it's done...maybe. Possibly longer. Actually, a lot longer. Okay, not that much longer but still, not any time soon. Or, it could be sooner than anyone expects. Not really."- AreaNet.

RobbieMac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By RobbieMac

We have been waiting 5 years for this game.  No one should be surprised by the classic 'when it is ready' line anymore.  They clearly want the beta to be even better than the last, so props to them.

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By Jayzilla

I can understand getting mad about this last weekend, but grudging a company that never promised one beta a month(google what they said about the frequency of the BWe's and actually read it) for their employees who are taking a 3 day weekend off is rude. They are people with families and friends and they need to blow steam off at their jobs just as much as the entitled people in this thread do.

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Aronman789

This is pretty sweet news to me, my monitor is broken and so I would have missed it since this laptop can't run the game.

Hopefully they're adding in /dance.

Avatar image for insane_shadowblade85
    insane_shadowblade85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The next BWE will be on Friday June 8th noon PDT (GMT-7) to Sunday June 10th 11:59 pm PDT (GMT-7).

Really glad I preordered the Digital Delux Edition last night. More info here.

Maystack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Maystack

Don't think I have anything planned for that weekend, so score. Also, my elementalist will still be there! Although I think I might still start a new character.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.