Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guillermo del Toro

Person » credited in 3 games

Guillermo del Toro is a Mexican filmmaker. In recent years, he has attempted to make two separate horror games, inSANE and Silent Hills, both of which have been canceled.

Guillermo del Toro is done with video games.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Aegon

As I thought, his first two failed projects have warned him off of trying anything else in the video game industry.

He says he's learned a lot from his time at THQ and being an apprentice under Kojima, but he won't get involved anymore. At least not in an in-depth capacity.

Avatar image for shadowknight508
    ShadowKnight508

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

Well, I can understand why he made this decision, having seen what happens when two projects you lend your talents/effort to (the THQ game and then the shuttered Silent Hills game with Kojima that Konami pulled the plug on) not happening. It is a true shame, however, since I am confident that Mr. Del Toro could have made a fantastic Silent Hills game with Kojima's help if Konami had not killed the project.

Perhaps down the road (several years from now), Del Toro and Kojima can team up again to work with a high-level studio to finally bring us a thrilling horror game, that is if Guillermo decides to get back into working on video games.

KingSalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By KingSalo

such a cool dude... they would have made something great.

Avatar image for adequatelyprepared
    AdequatelyPrepared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The cancellation of Silent Hills will never not make me slightly mad.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ZolRoyce

The cancellation of Silent Hills will never not make me slightly mad.

Same, it could have been something so cool but it was shot dead, and poor Del Toro, it wasn't his fault, it was just bad timing, as Jim Sterling would say, FucKonami.

Perhaps down the road (several years from now), Del Toro and Kojima can team up again to work with a high-level studio to finally bring us a thrilling horror game, that is if Guillermo decides to get back into working on video games.

That what I have my fingers crossed for, it makes me sad that a guy who seems to be so cool and laid back and into what he does would get putt off of doing games due to really shit timing. But perhaps this can be a case of 'never say never' maybe he just needs time to get over everything and let the feeling of wanting to do another game come back, who knows? But I'll remain hopeful, perhaps if Kojima opens his own studio later on he could rope him back in.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Can't blame him in the least. As disappointed as I am by Silent Hills getting axed, I can't imagine how it felt for del Toro (particularly him, given inSANE's fate) and Kojima, especially after everybody fell in love with PT. I'd want out too if I were him.

I do hope he takes another swing someday, though. I want a Kojima horror game so badly I can taste it, and del Toro is so perfect a partner that it simply has to happen in some form.

Or... maybe have del Toro direct a Kojima script? Eh? Ehhhhhh? Swery as co-writer? I would never need another movie.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I wouldn't either after the shit everything he's tried to work on has gone through.

mackgyver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Now that Kojima left Konami, he and Del Toro should get back together and finish PT.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.