Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN-

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Feb 20, 2014

The fifth main installment of the Guilty Gear series returns to its fighting game roots, featuring a new game engine with 3D graphics (with special rendering techniques to give the illusion of hand-drawn character art).

Guilty Gear Xrd Weekly Sessions: 1.1 Update is Live!

LuckehShadoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

psn/challonge LuckehShadoZ

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#52  Edited By ESREVER

We're doing some casual fightnight right now if anyone else wants to join in.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@esrever said:

We're doing some casual fightnight right now if anyone else wants to join in.

Cool, I'll join.

GGs to those I played. Had some particularly tense matches with MikeFightNight.

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#54  Edited By MikeFightNight

GGs to all who came out! I'll try to get casuals going on more often during the week.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GGs, I need to hit the lab.

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The lobby for the weekly is up. Room search id is xj30. Casuals right now until 8:00 PM EST.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GGs @viciousanchovy and Mike.

Rest of yall need to come out to these weeklies though. These less than 5 man turnouts are pathetic! Get your Guilty Gear on, folks!

LuckehShadoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I completely forgot about the tournament T.T and missed it. Anyone want to play random games, I need practice with sin.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

I'm in for this week.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@luckehshadoz: Hey man, a reminder that the weekly will be tonight at 8pm est. Hopefully you can make it this time!

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The lobby for week 5 is up! Search ID is xmkw. Casuals until 8:00 PM EST

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really should do a better job of signing up for these. I'll make sure to participate in next week's tournament.

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fluxwavez: Hahah. I'm letting ppl sign up one hour before from now on. Changing it to Sunday's too. Come by for casuals after.

InfiniteSpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 33

Finally I was able to make it out to one of these. Thanks for all of the matches, had a ton of fun! (Don't know how the hell I got third this week.) I do my best to attend another weekly sometime.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Casuals are happening RIGHT NOW!

Please go here: North America 1> District 1A> Room #21> Lobby name: Giant Bomb Casuals

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By ESREVER

Yo Fuckers, come fight

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just a reminder to anyone who wants to sign up for this week, you can still do so until 6:00PM EST today. Weekly starts at 7:00PM EST and I'll try to have a casuals lobby open at 6:00PM.

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By MikeFightNight

the lobby for week 6 is up! Search ID is 4thx. Casuals until 7:00 PM EST

Stream is above this post^

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm here, but my PS4's currently installing an update. Get a game in that isn't mine; I'll be there in a couple of minutes.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By irrelevantjohn

Weekly starts in a few mins! Come watch!

Noodles

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GGs to all!

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By MikeFightNight

Good games to everyone! I apologize for the single elim mix up, my fault. I'll be more vigilant next week.

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just a reminder to anyone who wants to sign up for this week, you can still do so until 6:00PM EST today.

JPBuster98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks fun! Maybe now I'll be motivated to train my free af Potemkin.

PSN: hdbullet24

Challonge: JPBuster98

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LuckehShadoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@esrever:

I just got a stick and i'm scared i will lose early ;( I need someone to practice with.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@luckehshadoz: We're bout to have a casual night of mashing xrd if you want to join us

GearSol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was gonna come and at least spectate last week, but I started watching St. Vincent and completely forgot about it. I doubt I'll still be awake this evening, though, so I might join in next week.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By ESREVER
    ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LuckehShadoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

my internet was down so i couldn't get on. I hate twc

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@luckehshadoz: That sucks man, you wanna come out for casuals afterwards? We in Grand Finals right now.

LuckehShadoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good games to everyone who came out! See you all next week.

JPBuster98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys sorry for my late arrival, had some technical difficulties. Thank you for those matches, once I got more confident I finally woke up and got aggressive! I can't make next week but will definitely come come the week after. And thanks @ESREVER cause I didn't know Pot could flick I-no's chemical love, similar to being able to flick Ramlethal's swords.

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jpbuster98: The flick heard around the world. That was hype!

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jpbuster98: How dare you reject I-No's (chemical) Love! She just wants to share it with everyone. Especially them big bodies ;)

GGs though man. Definitely saw a difference in play when we met again in Losers. Yo I was scared of that Pot DP thing, I've never seen it before. I was like "YO WHAT IS THAT! WHAT DID HE JUST DO!?"

JPBuster98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikefightnight: @esrever: Yeah when I went against bloo you should've heard me on the phone with gubgub. When he got stunned my brain could only think "POT BUSTER". The DP grab (Heat knuckle) is great if I get the read, and combos really well in CH 5HS > Hammerfall > RRC > 2HS or 5 f.S > Heat Knuckle. Even with that hubris, I still fell to your zoning cause I still have trouble flicking her 214P. I feel that Potemkin is very momentum based and if I can't break yours it's a tough time.

I was honestly expecting you to 214P and then you did chemical love, I was like "it's over" then I saw the wall of flame and was happily confused.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By ESREVER

Archive for this week's matches are up!

Loading Video...

JPBuster98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@esrever: oh damn just saw the video, you were talking about trishula. Yeah the reason you've probably never seen that move is because nobody uses it. You called it a DP but it has almost no useful horizontal range. I thought that maybe I could deny your dashing with it cause sometimes you were above me. I'll be honest that's the first time I've actually hut someone with the move.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jpbuster98: That's what the guys in the skype call were calling it, prolly being a lil sarcastic about it :P I legit had no idea what that thing was.

JPBuster98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By JPBuster98

@esrever: at least I know now that I shouldn't be so careful with Potemkin. I feel like I did way better against you because I tried to stay in your face all game. Also, when I whiffed that Heavenly Potemkin Buster (when he jumps in the air overdrive) I was trying to do a slide head and I accidentally did a double QCF, good thing it's hard to punish or I would've lost right then and there! Even though I can't play next week I'll make sure to catch the stream, and I'll tell my friends so they can watch too.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jpbuster98: Cool man thanks for the support! Look forward to seeing you in future weeklies (and the casuals we host!) Did gubgub enjoy himself? His Ky was pretty nutty, lol.

JPBuster98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@esrever: He had fun, or at least sounded like he did while I was on the phone. We play Tekken a lot so he might be trying to get rid of the habit of how combos work in that game. He also says it's hard to do QCs on a pad, which I had been doing for years until I moved to stick. I'm not sure if he's getting better though, cause if I had had a quarter for every time I've told him to 2HS after a CH Stun Dipper I'd buy a house. He is pretty good at 3D fighters, we're about the same in skill. But he must be having trouble getting used to the flow of a 2D fighter, especially one as complex and demanding as Guilty Gear. I don't know how long it'll take him but I got used to the speed from years of BlazBlue CT/CSE, Marvel 2/3, Melty, P4A, and GGXXAC+ on PSP.

ESREVER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jpbuster98: Alright, I'm glad he enjoyed himself. I get worried when new players have to fight Max (Kuutochi) cause he's really good at the game, but he's super disrespectful, lol. Hope to see gubgub return to the weeklies as well :P

Do you normally play grapplers in your past games? I started on BBCT with pad, then when BBCS came out, I moved to stick and I've been on that ever since.

JPBuster98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@esrever: I didn't really try to learn a fighting game until I played a bunch of Tekken 5 DR on PSP against my friend. We played for months against eachother, me with my Kazuya/King and him with his Lee. When I had AC+ on PSP I didn't even touch Potemkin, I usually played Baiken or Sol. But even with that it wasn't until P4A in which I REALLY wanted to learn. I never really took a preference for archetypes, playing Ragna/Bang/Noel in BB CT/CSE and Sean/Alex in Third Strike. I played around in P4A for a bit until I started playing Kanji, then I exclusively played him right up until Ultimax came out and everybody stopped playing P4A.

When I first got Xrd (Christmas Eve) I tried to learn Venom, that lasted about a week. Then I moved on to Sol, whom I played for about a month. I wasn't having any luck so I thought maybe I'll give Potemkin a shot, and now here I am. I think grapplers are my calling, even though I didn't Pot Buster much in our matches. I like the ability that grapplers have to control the entire match off of one good read, and in Kanji's case the mixup potential of of his command grab. A friend of mine also brought to my attention that I always end up picking mid-low tiers in games nowadays, I didn't really notice but in Smash 4 my mains are Ganon, Little Mac, Shulk, Jiggly, and Captain Falcon, but I play Ganon the most. I don't even choose by tiers I just think they look cool.

MikeFightNight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By MikeFightNight

@jpbuster98: A fellow Baiken player, nice. I mained her in AC & +R. I had a pocket A.B.A and Millia also. I started messing with Sol later in +R knowing Baiken wasn't going to be in the first iteration of Xrd. I do like hitting hard while setting things on fire so until Baiken comes back, Sol will do nicely.

I play/try just about every FG that comes out. I like your character choices in general. Vanilla SFIV is what got me back into FGs and P4A was the game that got me into air dashers. I used to play Naoto and Kanji in P4a. However, I started playing Kanji exclusively with a pocket Ken in the brief time I kept up with P4AU. I only started playing BB from Extend on and like Relius and Valkenhayn. In 3s I only have eyes for Q. SF IV Rose and Juri. I've always had a deep respect for 3d fighters like Tekken and in general am bad at them. I don't understand them on the same level as 2d FGs but still enjoy mashing about. The only FG I'm recently keeping up with is GGXrd and the next new one on my radar is MKX. (And Yatagarasu AoC whenever that drops.)

But no matter what comes out I'll always play Guilty Gear. Keep rocking and hope to see you in future weeklies.

JPBuster98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikefightnight: Yeah man, same here. I was introduced to Guilty Gear by Blazblue and I thought "Wow this game is really hard." It was really tough to play on my PSP and I wasn't used to how it flowed. But I didn't drop it because I REALLY liked the character designs and music. I think the music is what always brings me back. I have a pet peeve in fighting games that if the Soundtrack isn't at least above average and/or fits the game tone, I won't even bother with it. The only exception is Virtua Fighter because that series is just too good to not play.

Guilty Gear's music always brings me into a mood. I'm always hyped when Holy Orders or Fatal Duel plays, preparing myself when I hear Awe of She (my personal favourite) and feeling a bit happy at Blue Water Blue Sky. The OSTs will never get old for me, no matter how cheesy or cliché they sound (Dragon Install in Xrd).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.