Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guitar Hero: Van Halen

Game » consists of 4 releases. Released Dec 22, 2009

The third band-specific Guitar Hero offering from Activision, Guitar Hero: Van Halen allows you to play as America's greatest hard rock band.

Why I Won't be Getting This

The_Shanimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_Shanimal

Its very simple.  Due to the absense of Sammy Hagar, they will not put my favorite song in the game.  This song also happens to be one of the greatest songs in the history of ever as well.  The song is as follows. 

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By natetodamax

I wasn't going to get it regardless.

The_Shanimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The_Shanimal
    @natetodamax:
    Van Halen is one of my favorite bands on Earth.  I was going to get the game, but when I found out that I cannot play any of the songs from the Sammy Hagar era, I was pissed.
    AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#4  Edited By AgentJ

That's an interesting reason. I wasn't going to get it just because I don't bother with these band-specific versions of music games, but that's a pretty good reason too. I know I wouldn't get a Rise Against: Rock Band if it didn't have "Ready to Fall" or "Swing Life Away". 
    Are you positive that song won't be DLC?

The_Shanimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_Shanimal
    @AgentJ:
    Im about 99% positive.  I do know that they are not going to include any songs with Sammy Hagar due to a falling out years ago and a recent falling out when they (Hagar and Van Halen) were touring recently.  I dont think Eddie Van Halen wants Hagar to recieve any royalities off of something with his name on it.  So no I do not think that they will release it as DLC or any of the other songs from the Hagar Era.
    OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By OmegaPirate
    @AgentJ said:
    " That's an interesting reason. I wasn't going to get it just because I don't bother with these band-specific versions of music games, but that's a pretty good reason too. I know I wouldn't get a Rise Against: Rock Band if it didn't have "Ready to Fall" or "Swing Life Away". Are you positive that song won't be DLC? "
    As awesome as a rise against rock band would be - im nut quite sure how well swing life away would transcribe into a band format- not even the guitar parts 'flow' easily on real guitar, i'd imagine finding a fun yet relevant guitar trail would be a nightmare!
    r0k1ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By r0k1ll

I hate Hagar, but i'm not getting the game because Activision probably didn't put much work into it.  
    A re skin from Metallica. Though I am a huge van halen fan - can name every song fro the first 6 albums.

the_stig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By the_stig

Didn't they also take out Michael Anthony to put to put in Eddie's son on bass.  I am not getting this because I just suck at all rhythm games.  However if I didn't suck at them no Hagar and no Anthony would justify a boycott of the game.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By TheMustacheHero

I wasn't getting it because I hate music games, besides if they're giving it away for free (GH5 pre-order) it must be shit.

The_Shanimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The_Shanimal
    @the_stig:
    This is correct as well.  Michael Anthony will also NOT be in GHVH

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.