Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Sep 28, 2010

The sixth core entry in Activision's Guitar Hero series represents the last entry developed by Neversoft.

Wait... Activision is doing this?

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By ch13696

Ok so I come to find out that Activision is offering 3 DLC songs for Xbox Live gold members until October 19th. So, I want to know is there a reason why they're doing this and why only Xbox Live members? I'm not hating on them, it's probably a smart move, but this is a first that I'm seeing this coming from Activision. 

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/65977

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Microsoft are traditionally very restrictive with free DLC, so it's probably MS who have demanded it's exclusive to gold members.

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ch13696

I understand that. I mean if you pay for the service then yeah you should get some exclusives. Now I don't mean to sound bias, but I feel the PSN is left out of this. There are PSN Plus members. 

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Hamz
    @ch13696: Wouldn't be surprised if that was also part of the deal with MS. Activision have often been critical of Sony in the past, wouldn't put it past them to simply agree to Microsoft's offer.
    zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#5  Edited By zidd

Sales of GH6 must be worse than we thought. 

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ch13696
    @Hamz said:
    " @ch13696: Wouldn't be surprised if that was also part of the deal with MS. Activision have often been critical of Sony in the past, wouldn't put it past them to simply agree to Microsoft's offer. "
    Yeah I didn't think of that. Ever since that fiasco with Activision telling Sony to drop their prices or else they'll pull support for their system, it's been going bad.
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hamz
    @ch13696 said:
    " @Hamz said:
    " @ch13696: Wouldn't be surprised if that was also part of the deal with MS. Activision have often been critical of Sony in the past, wouldn't put it past them to simply agree to Microsoft's offer. "
    Yeah I didn't think of that. Ever since that fiasco with Activision telling Sony to drop their prices or else they'll pull support for their system, it's been going bad. "
    It's also a decent PR move by Microsoft to offset the mass of upset that Xbox Live has caused lately.
    Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Vinny_Says

Well we can't start making threads everytime XBL or PSN has exclusive stuff that the other platform doesn't now can we?
     Wait we can?

...my theory is it was a thing that came with the contract for exclusive Call of Duty map packs on XBL.

Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Raymayne
    @ch13696 said:
    " Ok so I come to find out that Activision is offering 3 DLC songs for Xbox Live gold members until October 19th. So, I want to know is there a reason why they're doing this and why only Xbox Live members? I'm not hating on them, it's probably a smart move, but this is a first that I'm seeing this coming from Activision. 

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/65977 "
    Activision and MS are kinda like this *crosses fingers* these days bro...you must've missed the memo.
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ch13696
    @Hamz said:
    " @ch13696 said:
    " @Hamz said:
    Yeah I didn't think of that. Ever since that fiasco with Activision telling Sony to drop their prices or else they'll pull support for their system, it's been going bad. "
    It's also a decent PR move by Microsoft to offset the mass of upset that Xbox Live has caused lately. "
    Wait what upset did they cause? Just give me a second to crawl out from under my rock.
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ch13696
    @Raymayne said:
    " @ch13696 said:
    " Ok so I come to find out that Activision is offering 3 DLC songs for Xbox Live gold members until October 19th. So, I want to know is there a reason why they're doing this and why only Xbox Live members? I'm not hating on them, it's probably a smart move, but this is a first that I'm seeing this coming from Activision. 

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/65977 "
    Activision and MS are kinda like this *crosses fingers* these days bro...you must've missed the memo. "
    No I got that memo. Probably just misread it. I thought it was just Call of Duty DLC.
    Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hamz
    @ch13696: A few weeks ago Microsoft announced a price increase of around $10 for Xbox Live subscriptions in multiple regions. It sparked up some controversy as they didn't really provide a good explanation for why they were doing it. If anything it came across like a greedy move on their part in most people's eyes.  
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ch13696
    @Hamz: Oh yeah. I thought you meant something else. Yeah of people didn't like that. People said it had something to do with inflation though. Whatever that means. However, if that was the case, then I can't see something like this to make up to the subscribers. Maybe a free game as long as you're a subscriber.
    nukesniper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By nukesniper
    @ch13696: Thanks for showing me this. I got the free songs. I don't have the game, but that doesn't stop me from liking free stuff now.
    ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ch13696
    @nukesniper: Uuummm it's all good. I guess enjoy.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.