Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 3

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 25, 2007

The conclusion to the original Halo trilogy has the super-soldier Master Chief joining forces with The Arbiter to finish off the threat of both the remaining Covenant Empire and the parasitic Flood, once and for all.

Back to Halo 3 (HELP!)

nixium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Edited By nixium

I've decided I'm going to give the Halo 3 multiplayer another shot. I am quite excited about ODST and I want to be half way decent by the time it comes out. I learned tonight this is going to take considerable practice.

The biggest problem is I don't know any of the maps. So I'm going to be playing as much as I can fit in over the next week.I will try to play at least one map a day and practice my aim. 

There are a few reasons I am going to back to play Halo 3:

1) Biggest community online for 360. Granted some of these people are screaming youngins but that is what all mute is for. 
    2) ODST got me excited for Halo again. Also made me want to watch firefly, which I will be doing shortly. 
    3) Bungie makes great maps. They are interesting and varied. Mostly, they actually seem quite balanced. 
    4) Its just fun to play the game even though half the time my face is getting owned.

If any experienced Halo 3 players have any tips please share :). Or if anyone else wants to jump back onto the Halo 3 MP send me a PM! (Believe me when I say I need lots of practice though so don't expect me to be any good)

nixium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1  Edited By nixium

I've decided I'm going to give the Halo 3 multiplayer another shot. I am quite excited about ODST and I want to be half way decent by the time it comes out. I learned tonight this is going to take considerable practice.

The biggest problem is I don't know any of the maps. So I'm going to be playing as much as I can fit in over the next week.I will try to play at least one map a day and practice my aim. 

There are a few reasons I am going to back to play Halo 3:

1) Biggest community online for 360. Granted some of these people are screaming youngins but that is what all mute is for. 
    2) ODST got me excited for Halo again. Also made me want to watch firefly, which I will be doing shortly. 
    3) Bungie makes great maps. They are interesting and varied. Mostly, they actually seem quite balanced. 
    4) Its just fun to play the game even though half the time my face is getting owned.

If any experienced Halo 3 players have any tips please share :). Or if anyone else wants to jump back onto the Halo 3 MP send me a PM! (Believe me when I say I need lots of practice though so don't expect me to be any good)

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ShaneDev
    @nixium: learn to use  your br and never drop it is the best advice i can give you
    Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Lies

The Battle Rifle will pretty much beat everything else in the hands of a skilled player. At close ranges, an Assault Rifle can conceivably beat it, but you'll want to stick with the BR most of the time. Most versatile weapon in the entire game. Switching to the Bumper Jumper control scheme might also be recommendable, as it allows you to jump and melee without taking your fingers off of the triggers. It is a bit disorienting if you're used to the default though.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By breadfan

My friends and I got back into Halo 3 about a week ago and then we all stopped playing because we realized that we were playing Halo

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ShaneDev
    @Lies: I tried bumper jumper afer my friend wouldnt shut up about how good it was but i  found it annoying and no better than default  

Also i found it kinda dumb in halo that the BR will beat anything at close range bar dual spikers :(
    Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hitchenson
    @ShaneDev said:
    " @Lies: I tried bumper jumper afer my friend wouldnt shut up about how good it was but i  found it annoying and no better than default   Also i found it kinda dumb in halo that the BR will beat anything at close range bar dual spikers :( "
    Seriously? Bumper Jumper is awesome though.
    wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#7  Edited By wefwefasdf

Use the button layout that is most comfortable to you. Don't use a higher sensitivity unless you can keep it under control. Master the four shot and be a team player. And always remember there is someone better than you. :)

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ShaneDev
    @Hitchenson said:
    " @ShaneDev said:
    " @Lies: I tried bumper jumper afer my friend wouldnt shut up about how good it was but i  found it annoying and no better than default   Also i found it kinda dumb in halo that the BR will beat anything at close range bar dual spikers :( "
    Seriously? Bumper Jumper is awesome though. "
    I played alot of Halo 3 in default but i might try bumper jumper again 
    Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hitchenson
    @ShaneDev said:

" @Hitchenson said:

" @ShaneDev said:
    I played alot of Halo 3 in default but i might try bumper jumper again  "
    Use it in Customs first. I had to get used to it when I made the switch and there's nothing more annoying then hitting B to melee a dude and then reloading instead.
    Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By Lies
    @Hitchenson said:
    " @ShaneDev said:

" @Hitchenson said:

" @ShaneDev said:
    Use it in Customs first. I had to get used to it when I made the switch and there's nothing more annoying then hitting B to melee a dude and then reloading instead. "
    I'd actually suggest trying it out in campaign- that was a great learning environment for me. Play on higher difficulties and it will simulate the challenge of multiplayer well enough without having to suffer the consequences.
    Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hitchenson
    @Lies said:
    " @Hitchenson said:
    " @ShaneDev said:

" @Hitchenson said:

" @ShaneDev said:
    Use it in Customs first. I had to get used to it when I made the switch and there's nothing more annoying then hitting B to melee a dude and then reloading instead. "
    I'd actually suggest trying it out in campaign- that was a great learning environment for me. Play on higher difficulties and it will simulate the challenge of multiplayer well enough without having to suffer the consequences. "
    Yeah, that does seem like a much better idea come to think of it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.