Did they release an update making assasinations easier?

#1 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I hope not. It was easy before.

#2 Posted by Pie (7110 posts) -

Ive started playing halo 3s multiplayer again with the release of ODST and have noticed that I have been getting assasinations much easier than before and people have been assasinating me much easier aswell. Does anybody know of an update that made this happen?

#3 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Okay, it happened again, my post is above the topic creators, this happens quite often.

#4 Posted by Pie (7110 posts) -
@CL60: Hacker......
#5 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -
@CL60 said:
" Okay, it happened again, my post is above the topic creators, this happens quite often. "
You assassinated his original post! 
 
I don't really know how they would make assassinations easier, they were always one hit kills anyway
#6 Posted by Pie (7110 posts) -
@Br3adfan said:
" @CL60 said:
" Okay, it happened again, my post is above the topic creators, this happens quite often. "
You assassinated his original post!  I don't really know how they would make assassinations easier, they were always one hit kills anyway "
I mean that now you seem to get them when someone is sideways to you whilst before I remember it being that you have to be directly behind a fool
#7 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -

...no?

#8 Edited by Pie (7110 posts) -
@crunchUK said:

" ...no? "

Shup quitter
#9 Posted by Lies (3868 posts) -

they tweaked the melee about a year ago, but no changes have been made recently.

#10 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

There haven't been any updates. If there were, everyone would have had to download something.

#11 Posted by natetodamax (19216 posts) -

What's so hard about hitting the B button?

#12 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
" What's so hard about hitting the B button? "
Maybe they make it more like the energy sword thing like you kind of lunge towards them...? I dunno how they could make it "easier" but then again, this thread was made by Pie.
#13 Posted by natetodamax (19216 posts) -
@TheMustacheHero: Nooo, lunging melee would make me quit Halo.
#14 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -
@natetodamax: I can list other reason to quit Halo.
#15 Posted by natetodamax (19216 posts) -
@TheMustacheHero: As can I, but I play it anyway
#16 Posted by Lies (3868 posts) -
@natetodamax said:
" @TheMustacheHero: Nooo, lunging melee would make me quit Halo. "
lol lunging melee already exists, you're just not paying enough attention. Less distance than with the sword, but there is most definitely a melee lunge.
#17 Posted by natetodamax (19216 posts) -
@Lies said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @TheMustacheHero: Nooo, lunging melee would make me quit Halo. "
lol lunging melee already exists, you're just not paying enough attention. Less distance than with the sword, but there is most definitely a melee lunge. "
I know that, I meant a lunge as long as the sword.
#18 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -
@Lies said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @TheMustacheHero: Nooo, lunging melee would make me quit Halo. "
lol lunging melee already exists, you're just not paying enough attention. Less distance than with the sword, but there is most definitely a melee lunge. "
I haven't played halo in like a year.
#19 Posted by HistoryInRust (6371 posts) -

It's not a "bug,"  really, just a hole in the design, but a melee to one of the shoulders (either right or left, not sure which--but only one) triggers and insta-kill in multiplayer. Maybe that's what you're noticing?

#20 Posted by Pie (7110 posts) -
@Sir_Ragnarok said:
" It's not a "bug,"  really, just a hole in the design, but a melee to one of the shoulders (either right or left, not sure which--but only one) triggers and insta-kill in multiplayer. Maybe that's what you're noticing? "
Hmmm, maybe thats it. Now that I think about it it does only seem to happen if I hit a certain side
#21 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -

lulz...

#22 Posted by LiquidPrince (16105 posts) -

Time Paradox.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.