Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 3

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 25, 2007

The conclusion to the original Halo trilogy has the super-soldier Master Chief joining forces with The Arbiter to finish off the threat of both the remaining Covenant Empire and the parasitic Flood, once and for all.

Legendary DLC

wyld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By wyld

Does anyone know if/when the Legendary Map Pack will be free?

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By pause422

Probably when they announce a new pack for the game,or in a month or so I would guess. Just keep waiting for it,trust me,I purchased it and there is no benefit to having the pack at all,its complete shit.

marbig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By marbig

They don't seem to be making this one free. They dropped the price a couple of weeks ago. I think it is a good map pack anyway, Avalanche is excellent. Blackout is pretty fun. I'm not a fan of Ghost Town though.

carzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By carzy

i remember them talking about this on the last podcast but i forgot what they said. i just want to see cold storage and blackout to head over into ranked games

jessethompson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jessethompson

On the podcast they basically said that Microsoft wants to try and drop the price slowly instead of just making it free so I don't think this one will be free too soon.  Eventually I'm sure it will be.

Steve_Ramirez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Steve_Ramirez

Once they put 'em in ranked, maybe consider buying them. As for now I will "Lan-party" with "dormies" for the fall

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Dir_en_grey said:
    "On the podcast they basically said that Microsoft wants to try and drop the price slowly instead of just making it free so I don't think this one will be free too soon.  Eventually I'm sure it will be."

I would love to see this sort of process for other downloadable content in other games.  If content has been out for some time (a year, for example), the price ought to lower a little.  I mean, everything Xbox Live offers shouldn't be free after X months, but a price drop on the Shivering Isles would sure brighten my spirits.
    Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Gizmo

Dude, foundry is the only map of any use in all of the Halo DLC, and thats free, Avalanche is pretty cool but does not validate the price:(

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By s10129107

I dont know how developers get the nerve to sell a map pack.  some things oughta be free.  Hopefully consoles will catch up to PCs sometime soon on this issue.

kariyanine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#10  Edited By kariyanine
    s10129107 said:
    "I dont know how developers get the nerve to sell a map pack.  some things oughta be free.  Hopefully consoles will catch up to PCs sometime soon on this issue.
    "

You don't see how developers get the nerve to sell a map pack.  Really?  Do you think these guys are working for free? Don't get me wrong I would love for all content to be free and having played PC games, I love the mod community but I can also see companies wanting to be compensated for work which is basically extra content to the game.  On another note, companies like Epic and Bungie have both expressed a desire to make their content free but MS has insisted on charging for that content.  According to the last Bungie podcast they aren't sure that the Legendary Map pack is going to go free because MS wants to try a new strategy with them, in fact it was tough for them to release Cold Storage for free.
    KingHippp0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By KingHippp0

They did just drop the price, and offer  free map... 8 bucks for 4 maps!

If you play Big Team, it's worth it for Avalanche alone. Most people in the Legendary DLC thread want to play that every time.

But I imagine it will be free eventually... wait for the next pack to be announced first.

Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Homer

Probably like 2 months from now

TheSnakeOfWar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheSnakeOfWar
    Lemon said:
    "Once they put 'em in ranked, maybe consider buying them. As for now I will "Lan-party" with "dormies" for the fall
    "
    Dude the Legendary Map Pack is already in Ranked the only way you can play them in ranked is if all players have the map pack

Avalanche is very awesome, Blackout is intresting and ghost town is ok but frustrating. Frustrating beacuse i have to carry my team to victory

600 points is a good deal for 4 maps you can also play swat, one on one and MLG after buying the maps
    nastybutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By nastybutler

Sorry but there is no plan to make it free.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.