Should they make a new Halo game using COD4's graphics engine?

#1 Posted by L4wz (377 posts) -

Well I was wondering if you guys think Halo should stick with it's look, or upgrade it by using the Engine that powered COD4?
#2 Posted by ajamafalous (11869 posts) -

Why the hell would they change it?

#3 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

I think the Halo look works really good for Halo.  I'd like to see them upgrade the engine some, but I think stuff like the metal glints, and other special effects like the bubble shield present in Halo work well for the environments and enemies.

#4 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

No, I doubt they would upgrade to a completely stylistically engine used by a game from 2007.

#5 Posted by StaticFalconar (4849 posts) -

No, it would be the first step in making all FPS games look the same.

#6 Posted by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -

No.  COD 4 had better looking faces on dudes and whatnot, but had HORRIBLE textures (ie doors that were "painted" on walls)

They are going to have to make a new engine for reach.   

#7 Posted by Shadow (4978 posts) -

If you want to turn the unique look of the Halo universe into random miscellaneous gritty warfare than sure, why not?

#8 Posted by Seedofpower (3925 posts) -

Meh, I don't think it'll make a difference either way for me. As long as the game play is still fun.

#9 Posted by Gorillawhat (1259 posts) -

A whole part of Halo's draw is it's vibrant colours and lack of gritty meat-cubeness 

#10 Edited by torus (1096 posts) -
@Gorillawhat:
@Shadow:
@MAN_FLANNEL:
 @Diamond said:

" I think the Halo look works really good for Halo.  I'd like to see them upgrade the engine some, but I think stuff like the metal glints, and other special effects like the bubble shield present in Halo work well for the environments and enemies. "

Everything you see done in Halo could easily be done in any modern graphics engine. Things like 'grittiness' and 'vibrant colors' are purely artistic choices.
#11 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

o00o So that it would actually look slightly similar to those ridiculous trailers they made? Yeah i see where you are coming from. Those ads are ridiculous, they show zero gameplay, and live action thats so different from the actual game. stupid fanboys eat it up though

#12 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -

This may very well have been the worst idea I have heard all day.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.