- Visuals and texture details can lend an awed "movie-like" feeling, especially on 1080p.
- Forge mode, with the addition of the map Foundry, makes a simplistic, yet very easy map editor.
- ... Plus, with the addition of making your own game modes, and collaborating them with your very own Forged maps, you can create your very own (mini)games. (Add friends for infinite fun)
- 4-player co-op is a neat addition
- Hefty amount of trial-and-error in both multiplayer and single player. You will keep saying "where did that explosion come from?" a gazillion of times in frustration.
- Close-range combat in multiplayer is annoying and abysmal, that being caused by the warped HUD and double-melees.
- All weapons are imbalanced, most meant for close-ranges and very few meant for long/medium ranges.
- The AI in the campaign is laughable. The Brutes are headshot magnets. They are challenging in numbers, but not in skill. This is a major disappointment, especially after the amazing AI that we have witnessed in the previous Halo games.
- The story is full of WTF moments that make no sense, even if you beat Halo2 and 1 and read all the novels.
- Ends in a cliff-hangar.
- Theater mode is cool, but it's impossible to watch videos with friends in your party.
CONCLUSION: This game was a disappointment.