Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 4

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 05, 2012

The first game in the second saga of the Halo sci-fi series has the Master Chief awakening from cryostasis as he explores the mysterious Forerunner shield world Requiem, fights a newly-formed Covenant group, and accidentally awakens an ancient evil.

Halo 4 live action trailer "scanned".

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By big_jon

All I can say is that was fucking brutal.

This was produced by the guy who did "The Social Network" and directed by the guy who did "Fight Club" I believe.

That was crazy, seeing John all done up like that, it was weird, they really did a good job of making him seem like Frankenstein. Now I know what Halsey has so much guilt over.

Ghost249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Ghost249

Holy Forerunners... That was pretty damn good... doesn't help me though as I'm impatiently waiting for this game's arrival...

jorbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By jorbear

My favorite thing about any science fiction is their version of the space/future bra. This trailer does not disappoint.

Warihay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By Warihay

Just take my money already!! Not my favorite Halo trailer ever but got me excited for it.

Also, it was produced by David Fincher. The guy who directed both Fight Club and Social Network.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By ez123

I don't know, I have always been more into the Gears trailers but that was nothing.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By big_jon

@ez123: What does that even mean?

Bloodgraiv3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Bloodgraiv3

That was really well done.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ez123

@big_jon said:

@ez123: What does that even mean?

I just got nothing from it. My reaction was pretty much "Why does this exist?"

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By musubi

That guy? That guy? Ahhhhh David Fincher is only one of the best Directors in hollywood!

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By DharmaBum

@big_jon said:

This was produced by the guy who did "The Social Network" and directed by the guy who did "Fight Club" I believe.

Fincher did both of those. He's a badass, needless to say. This didn't strike me as his handiwork, but I think it's directed by someone else. (edit: Tim Miller, guy who did Scott Pilgrim, according to below)

The first rule of Halo is... Microsoft is dumping a lot of money into this!

Benny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Benny

Guess I'm the only one who thought it was pretty bad, the whole humanising John thing was fucking terrible and ham-fisted beyond belief and the chief looked incredibly fake when he was running, like it wasn't mocapped at all or something. The Spartan II project scenes were decent and suprisingly graphic.

I still think the best Halo trailer was the one with the bubble shield deflecting a wraith cannon where you also see a childhood memory of his just for a few seconds, an actual sad moment as he recalls a childish sense of wonder only to be rudely awakened by the reality that there were truly terrifying things out there in space.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By TheSouthernDandy
    @Demoskinos

That guy? That guy? Ahhhhh David Fincher is only one of the best Directors in hollywood!

He'll yeah he is. The trailer was directed by Tim Miller. He's one of the Blur Studios guys, the people responsible for some of the best cg trailers out there. Trailer was awesome.
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheSouthernDandy
    @TheSouthernDandy
    @Demoskinos

He'll yeah he is. The trailer was directed by Tim Miller. He's one of the Blur Studios guys, the people responsible for some of the best cg trailers out there. Trailer was awesome.
    Hell. Not he'll.
    Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#14  Edited By Phatmac
    @Benny

Guess I'm the only one who thought it was pretty bad, the whole humanising John thing was fucking terrible and ham-fisted beyond belief and the chief looked incredibly fake when he was running, like it wasn't mocapped at all or something. The Spartan II project scenes were decent and suprisingly graphic.

I still think the best Halo trailer was the one with the bubble shield deflecting a wraith cannon where you also see a childhood memory of his just for a few seconds, an actual sad moment as he recalls a childish sense of wonder only to be rudely awakened by the reality that there were truly terrifying things out there in space.

Pretty much this. This trailer was fine but it didn't surpass Bungie's trailers. God that Halo 3 ad campaign was insane.
    TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TheSouthernDandy
    @Phatmac disagree that it was bad but agree that the Halo 3 trailers were better. That diorama ad is still one of the best trailers I've ever seen.
    Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#16  Edited By Phatmac

@TheSouthernDandy said:

@Phatmac disagree that it was bad but agree that the Halo 3 trailers were better. That diorama ad is still one of the best trailers I've ever seen.

Didn't call it bad, I said it was fine.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

All these live action Halo trailers they keep making over the years really makes me wish there was a Halo movie. They've proven with the right people it could be really good.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
    deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm happy that they keep exploring into the brutal past of the Halo franchise, instead of just keeping it hidden in the books.

With that said though, this wasn't really one of my favorite Halo trailers, still alright.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MikkaQ

I definitely didn't believe this was a Fincher directed thing, but it's still pretty cool.

TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TheSouthernDandy
    @Phatmac my bad guess I was more disagreeing with the dude you replied to.
    gjedwards

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By gjedwards

after this trailer and the further unto dawn series they're releasing for halo 4 it really won't surprise me if they announce a full live action t.v series by the end of the year, i doubt it will be based around the master chief, infact it could probly just follow on from the further unto dawn series.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Cloudenvy

Eh, it was okay! I'm not the biggest Halo guy though so it's probably not meant for me in the first place.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mrfluke

@Phatmac said:

@Benny

Pretty much this. This trailer was fine but it didn't surpass Bungie's trailers. God that Halo 3 ad campaign was insane.

as a dude that was like 14-15 when the halo 3 ads came out, that shit was insane, and id like to think that those ads played a part in making the chief resonate with fans.

that being said, yea this commercial was alright, the whole humanizing chief thing didnt quite work, i think they will have to nail that factor in the game before they start using that as a promotion tool (there is a lot of nuance to that story that i dont think they can express in a trailer), although it did give a good sense that the new enemies are very formidable though.

also you guys did get a good glimpse at the new villain though. (already know who he is, read the books and seeked out some spoilers)

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#24  Edited By project343

Trailer was a dud for me. It was 'neat,' but didn't pull much more out of me than that. Figure I should say: I adore Fincher's work and I love the Halo series. Much preferred Halo 3's "Believe" campaign.

Avatar image for colourful_hippie
    colourful_hippie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By colourful_hippie

Fincher did a great job with this seeing in how I'm really fucking ready for Halo 4 now. I really hope the whole emotional depth angle for the Chief really pays off.

Zereta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Zereta

Not the best of the Halo Live action trailers but still really amazing. The lack of music and sound in this really was weird. ODST's 'We are ODST" ad is still the best in my opinion. That was some good stuff. (Of course, Halo: Landfall for Halo 3 is a close second)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.