Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo 4

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Nov 05, 2012

The first game in the second saga of the Halo sci-fi series has the Master Chief awakening from cryostasis as he explores the mysterious Forerunner shield world Requiem, fights a newly-formed Covenant group, and accidentally awakens an ancient evil.

Yep it's official...

• 130 results
    mpgeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#101  Edited By mpgeist

Broussard is an idiot for posting that. However, if that Brandon Justice is the same one that used to work for IGN like a decade ago, fuck him too. He was TERRIBLE and it seems he still is.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#102  Edited By big_jon

@EXTomar: Really, saying a game that is built on it's own mechanics should be another game isn't wrong? I mean I get what you're saying but this guy is working for a mainstream site, maybe he should be able to just admit this game is not for him before he takes on the review.

Lack Individuality is what is killing FPS games today, Halo is the one big game holding its ground, and simply refining its style while still adding new, interesting, things to freshen it up, I am sick to fucking death of scripted ass FPS corridor shooters that have no heart to them. I mean this guy is literally saying that 343 should have taken the same approach as the Medal of Honour team did, now who the fuck wants that?

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#103  Edited By Ben_H  Online
    @big_jon said:

I mean this guy is literally saying that 343 should have taken the same approach as the Medal of Honour team did, now who the fuck wants that?

Next thing we know, he'll complain that Halo lacks "Authenticity". 

And yeah, I agree about modern FPSs lacking individuality. That's why I stopped buying them.
    ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#104  Edited By ripelivejam

there hasn't been one level-headed comment on the review, which makes me wonder if 7 is the new zero.

i do get their points about halo 4 making some pretty big changes, especially compared to mw3 playing it safe, but they could have worded those thoughts more judiciously.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#105  Edited By AssInAss

There are some pretty dumb points in the review as already mentioned for Halo not being like CoD and him praising the QTE stuff in the opening bits of Halo 4 as a "revolution".

But George comes off as even dumber, solely focusing on the score like some kid.

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By SpecTackle

Didn't expect what I said to George to blow up like this, kind of feel bad that it did. But for the record I wasn't defending the Halo review. I think it's an objectively bad review as a matter of fact, I just couldn''t really believe that someone in George Broussard's position both professionally and critically would say something like that in a public manner.

fjordson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#107  Edited By fjordson

That review is pretty terrible, but I'm not sure why George Broussard of all people felt the need to criticize the guy in that manner.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#108  Edited By McGhee

@Gamer_152 said:

I would have thought that someone like Broussard would be above all this review score nonsense or insulting publications he disagreed with, but I guess not. The kind of tragic thing is that there was a genuinely questionably written review there which he could have argued against, but he just attacked the score pinned to it. I'm not too happy with the response either though, no matter the quality of DNF, Broussard is not just entitled to his opinion, but I believe with his experience in the industry it's both valid and relevant. I'm also getting tired of these silly internet pissing matches where insults are just met with more insults.

Come on man, that response was internet gold. GOLD, I tell you.

Lazyaza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 43

#109  Edited By Lazyaza

George Broussard acting like a 13 year old on the internet? I am shocked.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By zombie2011

So after i read the review i found it kind of bad. The guy faulted it for being more of the same Halo, while wanting it to be more like COD.

Every other FPS plays like COD, while Halo is unique. I just can't wrap my mind over how this guy thinks Halo isn't unique enough because it doesn't conform to the formula every other console FPS uses.

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By SpecTackle

@zombie2011 said:

So after i read the review i found it kind of bad. The guy faulted it for being more of the same Halo, while wanting it to be more like COD.

Every other FPS plays like COD, while Halo is unique. I just can't wrap my mind over how this guy thinks Halo isn't unique enough because it doesn't conform to the formula every other console FPS uses.

There's not a whole lot to wrap your head around in this instance. Reviews are opinions always, and sometimes they can be objectively bad reviews.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#112  Edited By l4wd0g

EGM is crappy now. It would be nice if they could write an article without grammatical issues. EGM is a retarded zombie of the magazine of its former self.

CommanderZx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By CommanderZx2

I'm no fan of the Halo seires, but I must say that review was very poorly written.

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#114  Edited By apathylad

Broussard sure comes across as a classy guy.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#115  Edited By Samaritan

Why do high profile people continue to say stupidass things in a public venue like Twitter? You would've thought they'd know better by now...

imhungry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#116  Edited By imhungry

The only thing that this tells me is that the 5 star scale is superior.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#117  Edited By Animasta

I think a lot of people complaining about the review are missing the point; he didn't say the REVIEW was terrible, he said the score was terrible. So Broussard is still an idiot (we all knew that from DNF of course)

YOU_DIED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By YOU_DIED

@laserbolts said:

I just find it funny that people get so caught up in reviews.

I know, right? If you enjoy the game, why does it matter

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#119  Edited By Vextroid

@Ben_H said:

@big_jon said:

I mean this guy is literally saying that 343 should have taken the same approach as the Medal of Honour team did, now who the fuck wants that?

Next thing we know, he'll complain that Halo lacks "Authenticity".

Well it's no Kid Rock.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@Demoskinos said:

Really? People are that sensitive about the word retard now?

Not to be overly combative but there is no reason to use that word. It is implying someone which some people find insulting. Why not use stupid or any such similar word instead.

Why do you have to be so insensitive to stupid people, ya retard?

Avatar image for thevideohustler
    TheVideoHustler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By TheVideoHustler

@procrasturbate said:

"DUKE" it out George!

;D

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By Karl_Boss

@Demoskinos said:

Really? People are that sensitive about the word retard now?

This.

jamesisaacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By jamesisaacs

Crap review, two stupid fools on twitter, why am i commenting?...cya bye.

Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
    CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ben_H said:

@big_jon said:

Next thing we know, he'll complain that Halo lacks "Authenticity". And yeah, I agree about modern FPSs lacking individuality. That's why I stopped buying them.

I'd read a review that complains about Halo's lacking dasein.

It'd be hilarious.

Mike76x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By Mike76x

@Phatmac said:

I actually agree with George. That review is just awful. It actually critizied Halo 4 for not having iron sights. Read the review duders before you call out George. (I don't agree with him using the word retarded, but there is something off with EGM's review.)

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/reviews/egm-review-halo-4/

George is right though.

That "writer" should be forced to walk around wearing a special shirt. One that tells people if he's found wandering alone to call the number on that shirt to let the people responsible for him, know where he is.

He didn't review Halo 4, he reviewed Call of Duty and how Halo should be more like it.

Who in their right fucking mind would want MORE QTEs?

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#126  Edited By fattony12000

An ancient formula lumbers along

Just the headline for that review made me hurl into my own anus just a little bit.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By kindgineer

It's a tweet. Get off your high-horse and let people annoy each other. It's not the smartest or highest-integrity move, but Jesus this sort of thread is just as over-zealous.

Cyrus_Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Cyrus_Saren

@big_jon said:

I have to ask though, what is Halo behind on in terms of combat mechanics? I think most would agree that Halo has some of the best combat, at very least single player wise in FPS games period. I mean really, what are people like this guy asking for? Should Halo turn into another fucking scripted ass Call of Duty clone? I mean really, would looking down the sights, no jumphieght and one shot kills on what are supposed to be powerful and menacing enemies make Halo a better game? I don't understand this, most modern shooters now have 0% re-play value, Halo is different should it not be praised for that fact? What single player FPS in the past few years has had a single player that came close to Halo in terms of combat mechanics? Half life, Bio-shock, I am sure I am missing another couple but really, these games are not boring ass modern military shooters, and even then they are not driven by great combat either.

Call of Duty 4 was the last Military shooter that I actually loved the single player in, aside from Badcompany 1, and 2, but scripted one shot kill sequences got old after awhile. But there has been less innovation in those games in the last few years than there has been in Halo since 3.

This is all my opinion of course, and I did not care about that review, but now I am actually reading it, and it IS pissing me off how simple minded it is.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#129  Edited By big_jon

There is now a 1 out of 5 review for the game, this is why Metacritic cannot be taken seriously people.

honkyjesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#130  Edited By honkyjesus

@superscatman said:

That website also gave MW3 a 9

So, they prefer one popular military shooter over another?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.