Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Achievments are sooo easy

megamonki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By megamonki

I have had this game for less than a week and I already have 46 out of 49, Am I the only one that thinks something is very wrong

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Baillie

Try getting firefight without using invincible.

BunkerBuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By BunkerBuster

"A Monument To All Your Sins" should shut you up.

Immuniity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Immuniity

Whats the problem with easy achievements?

There's no problem with having achievements that are achievable with smarts (knowing how to easily completing it) or dedication. I'm glad they didn't bring back all the multiplayer achievements from 3. They were incredibly difficult and required more luck than skill or a total shift in playstyle aimed directly at getting the achievement, which wanst fun.

Two kills from a single spartan lazer....in free for all. Come on!

megamonki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By megamonki
    @Baillie:  Yea true but no one is interested because its so easy to get all firefight achievements in a custom match-hell I got em all on my first day-talk about a major oversight by bungie
    megamonki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By megamonki
    @BunkerBuster: Not really co op legendary is actually harder because the difficulty scales with each player
    carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7  Edited By carlthenimrod

Lt. Colonel is going to take a long ass time to get.

megamonki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By megamonki
    @carlthenimrod: yea the only ones that'll take me a while are the ranking achievements but thats all I got left
    megamonki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By megamonki
    @Immuniity:  I didnt like the muliplayer achievements either (overkill nearly made me have a breakdown) but what about skull hunting? vidmasters? getting those types of achievements gave me some real fun times on live, but what do we have in reach? file sharing achievements...
    BunkerBuster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By BunkerBuster
    @megamonki:  It's still going to be hours and hours of pure frustration and hate all for one achievement ironically worth 1/10ths of the games points.
    carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11  Edited By carlthenimrod
    @megamonki said:
    " @carlthenimrod: yea the only ones that'll take me a while are the ranking achievements but thats all I got left "
    Yea, but there is still a ton of challenges and armor to unlock along the way. The daily/weekly challenges will give the game some length for me personally.
    megamonki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By megamonki
    @carlthenimrod:  yea Im really digging the armor unlocks and challenges too If It wasn't for those this game would have lost a lot of life cause I never really cared for stuff like rank and what not never really mattered to me
    Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Baillie
    @megamonki: Co-op is much, much easier than solo. I did 6 missions on co-op legendary with ease yesterday...
    Vaancor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By Vaancor

It's easy because you don't have to play the freaking lottery to get just the right weapons and gametype like in Halo 3, and honestly that makes me happy.

Two kills with one laser shot when the gun isn't on every map is a pain in the butt. Gets worse with the DLC packs.

Plus as everyone else said, monument to your sins and the mp ranked are gonna take a while.

Immuniity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Immuniity
    @megamonki said:
    " @Immuniity:  I didnt like the muliplayer achievements either (overkill nearly made me have a breakdown) but what about skull hunting? vidmasters? getting those types of achievements gave me some real fun times on live, but what do we have in reach? file sharing achievements... "
    Those achievements exist to highlight features that people might miss. No different from 'kill one of every enemy' or 'get a kill with every weapon'. Remember that achievements, in some cases, work more like a guide to features on concepts...not actual 'achievements' in the traditional sense of the word.

As for the lack of skulls, i agree, its a shame they are gone. But then i remeber that in reality, 99% of people just consulted  a guide in order to find skulls...not really worth awarding an achievement for having someone google search 'halo skull video'.

Vidmaster, correct me if im wrong, was added post-release. So dont rule those out just yet.

You also made a comment about co-op legendary being harder because the encounters scale. Wouldnt they be the same difficulty...because they scale?
    Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

GUYS I USED EXPLOITS IN THE GAME TO GET ACHIEVEMENTS

WHY IS IT SO EASY TO GET THEM I DON'T UNDERSTAND

rawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By rawrz

All that is a good thing. The game has plenty of its own in game achievements with the whole daily challenge stuff. I like how the achievments are implemented in a way that doesn't force you to play the game differently then you normal would just to get them, as well as stopping people from feeling the need to achievement boost just to get them. Halo 3 had some awful achievements. 

leburgan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By leburgan
    @Immuniity: Also with the skulls there was no way to ever get IWHBYD without a guide, considering people had to look in the code for days to figure that shit out. Even though it wasn't needed for an achievement it was still bs.
    flufflogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19  Edited By flufflogic

I think Bungie learned the lesson of Halo 3; I only know a handful of people who ever got all 1000 original, and a couple with all 1750.  

And, more importantly: Do you have all 5 Noble Team Avatar unlocks? Those are hard. 1000 kills without dying's the only one I have (invincible firefight), and a revenge kill or bulltrue's a matter of luck, but a level on Legendary without dying once is very hardcore, as is a matchmaking Killtacular.

megamonki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By megamonki
    @Immuniity:  Not really- Ive started legendary solo and Ive gotten through encounters alone without much problem that me and 3 others took  dozens of lives and a lot of time to do

and on the vidmasters your right and I'm really crossing my fingers for dlc maps, armor and achievments
    Mighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mighty
    @Baillie said:
    "Try getting firefight without using invincible. "
    Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Baillie
    @flufflogic said:
    " I think Bungie learned the lesson of Halo 3; I only know a handful of people who ever got all 1000 original, and a couple with all 1750.   And, more importantly: Do you have all 5 Noble Team Avatar unlocks? Those are hard. 1000 kills without dying's the only one I have (invincible firefight), and a revenge kill or bulltrue's a matter of luck, but a level on Legendary without dying once is very hardcore, as is a matchmaking Killtacular. "
    Really? I got 1000 on Halo 3 easily. Very quickly too. 1750, I never as... well. Boring.
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Don't cheat to get the Firefight achievements, that should make that a good deal harder. 

I'm also not sure how you can say co-op is harder than solo.  Even though the game throws more enemies at you, having reasonably skilled players to help you makes Legendary an absolute cake-walk, because you can so easily flank the enemies, etc.  Solo, you have to do everything by yourself.

I'd also say that none of the achievements were particularly challenging in the previous games, besides the multiplayer ones from H3 that relied on shear luck and weren't any fun to go for at all and perhaps Endure which relied on you getting together a decent team and hoping all four of your internet connections could hold out for 2 hours..  I think they did a much better job with Reach's achievements.

vager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#24  Edited By vager

Consider daily and weekly challenges as achievements. They're pretty fun do to.

@Baillie:  
    It's easy if you exploited by switching console languages to one where you can play ranked games with others who also want achievements. 
    Otherwise it's hella hard.

vager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#25  Edited By vager

Consider daily and weekly challenges as achievements. They're pretty fun do to.

@Baillie:  
    It's easy if you exploited by switching console languages to one where you can play ranked games with others who also want achievements. 
    Otherwise it's hella hard.

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#26  Edited By EightBitShik

I felt that it was pretty easy myself but I'm not complaining.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.