Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Hardest Achievement

R3Qui4M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By R3Qui4M

What is the hardest achievement in Halo: Reach. For me the achievements weren't really all that hard. I played the Legendary campaign at a very meticulous pace, so only had to retry a couple of sections maybe 10 times. Even the beach mission, I only restarted twice. I think it is because the game allows various tactics to a varying levels of success. It is very rewarding, but not once did I have to throw my controller. Which is the true sign of a hard achievement. (Shank on Hard). What was your experience like?

Avatar image for computerplayer1
    Computerplayer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Computerplayer1

I don't know if any of them are particularly hard. 

The assassination on the elite one is probably the trickiest as it seems to be a bit hit or miss as to whether it will work or not. 

Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hourai

I tried the achivment where you uasassinate an elite before dying to death but it was hard as fuck. I couldn't get the assainste to trigger, I just kept dying. After 45 minutrs or so i just said screw it ona nd went on with the campaign. Legendary ain't too hard on co-oip with the rspawn stuff, probably hard as hell on sol o0thug. 

R3Qui4M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By R3Qui4M
    @Hourai: Yea it is punishing if you ever rush. You have to camp and take peak shots at the grunts. and then lure the elites out. Kill the grunts. Always.
    R3Qui4M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By R3Qui4M
    @Computerplayer1: Ye I had to retry that part the most. probably 15 times. But it is good that the checkpoint is right before that achievement. So it doesn't  waste too much time.
    Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hourai
    @R3Qui4M said:
    " @Hourai: Yea it is punishing if you ever rush. You have to camp and take peak shots at the grunts. and then lure the elites out. Kill the grunts. Always. "
    Yeah. I finsihed on heroic first, so I was sort of used to rushing enemies  and just meleeing them all. It's almost impossible to do that on legendary, because even a couple grunts can kill you if you'ren not careful. Elites are almost eimpossible unless you have a DMR, and even then, they will just hide to cover after you pop their shields. If you're doing it in co-op, rushing doesn't matter so much as long as one person stays llaive for a little while. Co-op i was just acting like an ass and just driving a forklift into enemies before exploding to death, lol. I'm not sure that I could do legendary solo unless I don't mind dying 500+ times. 
    lumley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#7  Edited By lumley

Hardest Achievement? 
    Easily "Make it Rain" which is for buying a item from the armory that requires Lt. Colonel.  
    It will take me forever!

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Legendary Solo is manageable, but definitely requires some skill.  If you're not good at the game, you're probably not going to be able to get it.  Purchasing a Lt. Col. item isn't exactly difficult either, it'll just take a very long time for most people, but that's how it's supposed to work.  The ranks are supposed to encourage you to keep playing the game.

I'd say the hardest one is getting 1 million on firefight IF you're doing it fairly.  It's rather sad how they're rated as common achievements now, even though in ODST very few players broke that kind of score.  There really should have been a standard firefight match up, the same as what we had in ODST that you couldn't customise.  It could have been used for earning cR and these achievements.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
    @WinterSnowblind said:
    " Legendary Solo is manageable, but definitely requires some skill.  If you're not good at the game, you're probably not going to be able to get it.  Purchasing a Lt. Col. item isn't exactly difficult either, it'll just take a very long time for most people, but that's how it's supposed to work.  The ranks are supposed to encourage you to keep playing the game.

I'd say the hardest one is getting 1 million on firefight IF you're doing it fairly.  It's rather sad how they're rated as common achievements now, even though in ODST very few players broke that kind of score.  There really should have been a standard firefight match up, the same as what we had in ODST that you couldn't customise.  It could have been used for earning cR and these achievements. "

A long time ago I decided to get Legendary for Halo 3. After I was done, I put the game away. I was extremely
    pissed at how tough the game was & it burned me out. LOL.  I finished Halo Reach on Heroic & it took forever,
    it reminded me of Legendary.  The biggest problem for me is ammo.  It seemed like a lot of time I was running
    around with empty weapons, having to bop somebody on the head, steal a weapon from a corpse, & continue
    on.  Then some blind luck would go my way, such as killing the boss early on & then just surviving during 
    cleanup.

I think Legendary will be hardest for me & I'll be saving that for last.  May not even try it alone, but might
    try it with a team & just leave that Monument to all of my Sins incomplete.
    R3Qui4M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By R3Qui4M
    @Lumley: Lol didn't think about that. That is the only 1 I don't have.
    Avatar image for wintersnowblind
    WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Also completely forgot about "they came to hear me beg".  Seems a lot of people had trouble getting this one, but it didn't take me too long.  You just have to jump off and assassinate.  The tricky part is that sometimes if you're still sprinting, the fall won't kill you and thus won't trigger the achievement.  But at the same time you have to be going fast enough to get enough distance to hit the elite.  I also just bopped him over the head and killed him once or twice without triggering the assassination.

It takes a bit of practice but it only took me 10 minutes.  I think the number 1 problem most people are having is...  achievements don't unlock on easy!  Don't replay the level on the easy setting!

Avatar image for deactivated-6442941ed320c
    deactivated-6442941ed320c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Going through the game on solo legendary while the house is working out the kinks with the broadband (they be stealing my bandwidth) and it's been mostly enjoyable. I say mostly because I stopped having fun during almost all of Tip of the Spear. Starting you off with with very little cover and a lot of overloaded plasma pistols against you isn't fun the first time. I found that entire mission a drag, but the rest has been really enjoyable. There's been a few "Oh come on" moments, but it's nowhere near as bad as I anticipated it.  

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By Coombs

Legendary on solo, 
    I blew through solo on heroic my first playthrough in 2 sittings, 
    But Legendary solo is quite the grind.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By Vinny_Says

Legendary was the easiest Halo Legendary yet....so not that.
    The elite assassination was easy enough...
    The 1,000,000 points can be done with invincibility....

I guess the only hard one would have to be the longest one, get to Lt. Major rank

EightBitShik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By EightBitShik
    @Lumley: Yeah but time isn't hard.
    Korosuzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By Korosuzo

If it wasn't for eventually getting lucky I'd still be without the achievement for assassinating an elite while falling from a height that would kill me.  I spent about 20 minutes and was about to give up when it finally popped after every other attempt ended in a falling death or late melee hit that didn't count as an assassination. 

Next hardest will be doing legendary on solo as I've finished the first two levels and both were excruciating.

MrPiZzA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By MrPiZzA

Maybe I just suck at halo, because Im struggling through the campaign on heroic. One day I'll beat it.  *Fingers Crossed*

Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#18  Edited By Mystyr_E

for those of you struggling in the campaign: you ARE using the noob combo right?

as for the achievement, only one I'm missing is Lt Colonel and I still say assassinating the elite was the toughest. I did it 9 times and nothing, once got it and I'm like "so you couldn't do that the other 10 times or what?"

MrKart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MrKart

I didn't find Legendary solo very hard at all up until the ending portion of Nightfall (or whatever the sniping mission at night is). I had the occasional death, but that was only because of my stupidity. But now, this section has killed me AT LEAST 70 times now. I try a different approach every time too. It's the section where you must scale down the cliff right at the end, and there's a turret across the way shooting at you and tons of Elites who just bum rush. It's like impossible to take that section cautiously too, because if you don't look over the rocks, you don't even have a shot at anything. But if you DO look over the rocks, you have that turret killing you in two seconds. The plasma pistol makes it stop for a little bit, but before I'm able to destroy it it kicks back up again. The closest I've gotten to beating it is I scaled the rocks behind it and took out all the grunts, but then the Elites just rush you anyway and you have no chance. And your partner's AI is HORRIFIC.

krazy_kyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By krazy_kyle

Probably just beating the game on legendary or assassinating an elite to save yourself from a fall.

flufflogic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21  Edited By flufflogic

Legendary Solo, like reaching Lt. Colonel, is just a slow grind. TBH, there isn't a massively hard one.

R3Qui4M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By R3Qui4M
    @MrKart:  That part is quite tricky. There is weapon stash, at the start of that part on the left by rock after you come through the door. There is either a dmr or sniper can't remember which. You can use that to take out the first grunt in turret from the rock. snipe the elite. I noticed that if a elite gets into a turret, it could go very bad for you. So if that happens chuck a nade at the turrent, even if it doesn't hit the turret as long as it is close enough elites exit the turret and never get on the turret again. you need to constantly keep 3 weapons close to you as you can only carry 2 weapons, Sniper, DMR/Pistol, Plasma Pistol. Use the sniper to take our the Jetpack elites. If a normal elites rush, you need to be able to pick up the Plasma pistol and noob combo him.

Hope these help, if you have any questions holla at me, i'll try and help you.
    krystians

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By krystians

Beating the game on legendary solo.

canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By canucks23

I'd say the captain/ Lt. colonel ones, mainly because those are the only ones i don't have lol. The other ones really weren't to bad for me, these ones just take a long ass time.

Hammerjelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#25  Edited By Hammerjelly

The only ones I have left are the Captain rank, the Lt. Colonel rank, and the Invasion one (mostly because I dont' usually play this). 

The killing the elite while falling was definitely the hardest. Well, I mean I assassinated him about 100 times, but the thing just wouldn't pop. It literally took hours.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.