Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Halo: Reach

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Sep 14, 2010

A prequel to Halo: Combat Evolved, chronicling one of the most cataclysmic events of the Halo Universe through the eyes of a squad of Spartan super-soldiers known as Noble Team. It is also the last game in the series developed by Bungie.

Thoughts on Forge?

Magiczipper82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Magiczipper82

I just put the finishing touches on a new map on Forge World and wanted to know how it was to other people. So i come to my fellow GiantBombers to rate my map. actually rate both of them. Gamertag: Magiczipper82. 
    I love the new forge system with the exception of the way of moving the objects vertically. there need to be a more precise way to do it. besides that i think bungie did an fantastic job.
    What is the communities thought  on this map?

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ryanwho

Seems kind of pointless without a cohesive distribution system. Something like LBP or the Starcraft UMS, where you can download other Forge maps based on rating, popularity, etc. Kind of an obvious thing to have that they left out. Im gonna spend 5 hours making something I can only show a handful of people? No thanks.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MrKlorox

My thoughts are that at least one megamainstream LCD game should have a fleshed out level editor. Halo now fills that gap.

But honestly I want more games to procedurally generate multiplayer levels. Shooters get old after you know all the hiding places and routes, and I'm way too lazy to make a map myself.

ToxicAntidote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By ToxicAntidote
    @Magiczipper82:  To me the new forge is a really nice tool. I'm already working on a massive highway map in forge world, and the goal is to connect all islands as I make it possible to play both assault and one flag on it.  Try click and hold the left stick if you're having problems with the more precise managing of objects. It makes all movements in all directions much slower.
    ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ShaneDev

I was never really that good at forge but I haven't actually tried the forge in this game yet. I hope Bungie takes more maps from forge and puts them into matchmaking.

Prolix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Prolix
    @ryanwho said:
    " Seems kind of pointless without a cohesive distribution system. Something like LBP or the Starcraft UMS, where you can download other Forge maps based on rating, popularity, etc. Kind of an obvious thing to have that they left out. Im gonna spend 5 hours making something I can only show a handful of people? No thanks. "
    This sums up my thoughts.  I want to think that maybe Bungi was trying to encourage people to make friends.  But that seems counter drink. 
    citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#7  Edited By citizenkane

I have only fiddle with it a little big, but I like the upgrades they made to it.  Everything is more seamless in the construction of buildings.  Hopefully I can fiddle more with it later down the road.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ryanwho
    @Prolix said:
    " @ryanwho said:
    " Seems kind of pointless without a cohesive distribution system. Something like LBP or the Starcraft UMS, where you can download other Forge maps based on rating, popularity, etc. Kind of an obvious thing to have that they left out. Im gonna spend 5 hours making something I can only show a handful of people? No thanks. "
    This sums up my thoughts.  I want to think that maybe Bungi was trying to encourage people to make friends.  But that seems counter drink.  "
    I have friends. None of us are talented/have the desire to make maps. Other people do.  There's no good reason to have it set up like it is. Forge might as well not be there with the current setup. Maybe they'll patch it in a couple months.
    Magiczipper82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Magiczipper82
    @MythDarK: ah... that sounds really cool. my map is a sort of aerial defense/ assault. i'd like to see yours though.
    Ursus_Veritas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By Ursus_Veritas
    @ryanwho: If you go to File browser in the start button menu, you can custom search for maps, clips, gametypes and screenshots by tag, or look at the most downloaded and most recommended ones, too. There is a system this time around that doesn't solely rely on Bungie.net.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.