Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hard Corps: Uprising

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Feb 16, 2011

Developed by Arc System Works, Hard Corps: Uprising is the spiritual sequel to Contra: Hard Corps available as a downloadable game on Xbox Live and PlayStation Network.

Anyone else waiting for this game to come out on PSN?

KyleBaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By KyleBaron

The 360 load times looked real rough, so I'm going to hold off on getting it off of XBLA. 

Also, I don't mind waiting to see if this is free/discounted on Playstation Plus or what not. 

Anyone else in the same boat?

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By buft

im not sure its coming in the short term, usually games in Microsoft promotions are timed or fully exclusive, the first level from the quicklook has a long load time but no other level suffers like that.

luce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By luce

The game looked cool from what I saw. I just hope they fix the load times before they release it on PSN

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MikkaQ

Probably not, this game look pretty frustrating. I'd rather play more Metal Slug, which is conveniently on most platforms these days. 

Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Jaktajj

Not to totally clash with the guy above me, but yep, even after the disastrous qucklook - something about this game just really sparks my interest. Looks like it has some really goofy checkpoints though so I'm getting myself into the mindset for that!

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Enigma777

Nah, the Quick Look killed it for me. 

You know it's kinda scary how much I base my opinions on what I see in those Quick Looks...

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By xyzygy

They might be able to fix the load times in a patch. But yeah, usually the games in the arcade deals are timed or full exclusives. If the game doesn't end up selling a lot on XBLA you might not ever see a PSN release.

d0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By d0x
    @KyleBaron: When its loading the first level its caching alot of stuff used in levels beyond that so once it loads its pretty much done.  No other levels take long to load and id imaging the PS3 version will work the same way.  If they were to remove the caching then every level would take as long to load as the first one does.
    ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#9  Edited By ReyGitano
    Watching that quick look just made me want to play Metal Slug. Yes, you die much more often in that game and sometimes in unfair ways, but that's part of what makes that game fun. Honestly it's like someone made a game out of nonsense and somehow got it to work fine. You can't copy that formula and expect the same similar results.
    Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Spoonman671

I like my Contra to be called Contra and include hunky, shirtless dudes.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.