Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hard Reset

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Sep 13, 2011

The debut game from a new Polish development studio, Flying Wild Hog. The player controls a cyborg, Major Fletcher, who must use a pair of transforming weapons to defeat an army of malfunctioning robots that endanger the "cyberpunk megacity" of Bezoar.

Here's my take on this kick in the balls of a game

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SpecTackle
    BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By BisonHero

That's sadly pretty much what I expected after seeing the Quick Look here on the site.

I just can't get into that style of shooter, with 95% of its focus on how awesome everything looks and how sweet the circle-strafing is, but a completely neglected story. It's a pity that Flying Wild Hog has such amazing artists and game designers, but apparently not much in the way of writers.
    Hell, I would settle for audio logs or even text logs, as long as they could make them as good as something like Metroid Prime.

BionicRadd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By BionicRadd

I still want it.  Play Deus Ex for the story and Hard Reset for the gunplay is my plan.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By mosdl
    BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#5  Edited By BeachThunder

8D hopefully they'll address the main issues before the game's released (and this is why demos are a good thing). The only thing that really bothered me was the blurry sprinting - I honestly can't stand motion blur :(

SpecTackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SpecTackle

The motion blur when sprinting was kinda off-putting, but I didn't feel like it got in the way because I when I was sprinting it was to get away from stuff, meaning I already had a clear route planned. The game is great, and if you can look passed the laughable story then you're going to have a great time getting your ass kicked.

DonPixel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DonPixel

@ColumnBreaker said:

I reviewed Hard Reset yesterday for The Game Fanatics.. since it seems to be the only review online I figured I'd post it for those on the fence about preordering on Steam for the small discount.

http://thegamefanatics.com/video-game-review/hard-reset/

Yeah I think your review is Spot on. I love it because it suits my personal filias, but I do think the game story could use a bit of work and It would be nice to have more variety on the enemy department. I stilI dare someone to find a game with this visual quality with an original tag of $30 dlls.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

The demo felt more like a tech demo then a game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.