Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Mar 06, 2014

A 2014 entry in the Project Diva series of rhythm games starring the popular vocaloid Hatsune Miku.

New Project Diva F 2nd trailer with all 40 songs.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Project Diva F 2nd is now out in Japan, and a trailer was released a few days ago with snippets of all forty playable songs in the game. There are definitely some favorites of mine in the track list. I'm really looking forward to it! (Also, holy shit, the gameplay at the 6:00 mark!)

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Steadying

Wow, I find it amazing some people are able to even keep up with the button presses/prompts/whatever you call them in these games. The backgrounds are just unbelievably distracting to me.......I am also shockingly bad at all rhythm games no matter what's going on in the backgrounds, so maybe I'm just being dumb. :P (Still have not beaten that golf game in Rhythm Heaven Fever)

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@steadyingmeat: You just have to get used to it. There is a learning curve just like anything else once you get good at it lower difficulties feel incredibly boring. I pretty much only play on Hard mode right now. Extreme is well... too extreme for me haha although I can clear a few songs on the first game!

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Now that I know it has Kagerou Daze I have to buy it

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grantheaslip: Very much so because in a lot of songs you just kind of have to know that notes are going to hit in specific ways and not even really pay attention to the notes because you already knew what they are going to do and if you bothered moving your eyes to track each note by the time you did that you'd already have missed that note and most likely the next. Some of the ways the notes appear on screen can be very visually tricky until you know what the notes are going to do and then just kind of memorize it.

rjpelonia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By rjpelonia

A really good setlist. A few of my favorites from the first two Project Diva games, but no Just Be Friends saddens me. Hoping for DLC then. Thanks for the post.

DeadeyeMcCoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By DeadeyeMcCoy

I think that bit at the 6 minute mark is going to give me nightmares. Clearing most songs on Extreme past anything other than Standard rank is already a pipe dream for me.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grantheaslip: Very much so because in a lot of songs you just kind of have to know that notes are going to hit in specific ways and not even really pay attention to the notes because you already knew what they are going to do and if you bothered moving your eyes to track each note by the time you did that you'd already have missed that note and most likely the next. Some of the ways the notes appear on screen can be very visually tricky until you know what the notes are going to do and then just kind of memorize it.

Yeah, Project Diva loves its visual tricks, but with enough practice, what can seem daunting at first is plausibly doable.

I think that bit at the 6 minute mark is going to give me nightmares. Clearing most songs on Extreme past anything other than Standard rank is already a pipe dream for me.

I like how they drive it home in the trailer by actually showing the mad conclusion to that song and the player scoring a Perfect.

Cephiros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Well, I just paid for my forwarding feed and EMS shipping from DV8cag yesterday. Hoping I get it by early next week and I get some playing in. I've noticed that in my times with rhythm games, you get into a zone and just care only about hitting your notes and such. It happens with me in DDR, Beatmania IIDX, Project Diva F, etc.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

Looks pretty great! I don't know anything about Hatsune Miku songs outside of the first game, but this seems like a great collection. There were a few stinkers (I'm looking at you 'Rin-Chan Now!') in the first game, but this seems pretty good across the board (of course, after only listening to bits of each). Also, it's super weird getting to see the background stuff really well, because I never get to focus on it when I'm actually playing. Can't wait for this fall!

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hailinel

My import copy came in the mail today, and I spent the evening playing through all of the songs on Easy to unlock them and earn DP to buy modules. I think the track list is stronger than the first PDF overall, and the twists they added with the new star marker variants are neat. The menus are, unsurprisingly, import friendly. The only thing I had to adjust to was the Japanese confirm/cancel buttons (Circle is the standard confirm button in Japan).

I'll definitely be buying the game again when the domestic release becomes available. I might write up something more detailed later, but for now, I think it's sufficient to say that this is a really fun game and I definitely recommend it.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Yes! Its finally here! I'm so happy now! I was going to play some FFX after listening to this latest Dismal Jesters podcast but now... now I'm going to play this for the rest of the night. =)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.