Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Headphones

Object » linked to 74 games

Pair of mini loudspeakers that are designed to hold them close to a user's ears for a more convenient listening device. Can be plugged in to music players or phones.

Newb looking for help...

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Whisperkill

I dont know much about gaming headsets... or headsets in general...

I want a 5.1 headset that will work on a tv/my 360 and ps3

Is it possible, i have looked in a lot of places and i cant get any info on any headsets...

How much would they cost? Where can i find a pair? And most importantly, does anyone have reccomendations?

Avatar image for deactivated-61da50756e1e4
    deactivated-61da50756e1e4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

you can only use 360 headsets on 360s, im not sure about ps3s, i donno about pc headsets, one with a mic? i just bought one without a mic for like 30 bucks, an apex hp-40, it gets the job done, its not that good, i got at a local music shop.

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Whisperkill

ok, but what about my tv, can i use a headset instead of the speaker output?

shotaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By shotaro

yes you can - I would look at some DJ headphones for the best quality sound though they can be a little bass-heavy

Sennheiser headphones are the shit though if you can afford to splash out on a pair do the sound quality is superb - though don't expect even simulated 5.1 without a USB port.

roblopez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By roblopez

I wouldn't worry about "5.1 headphones" any headphone that has that feature is just pure emulation. You would get much richer sound from professional stereo headphones.  As the poster above me said a couple of DJ headphones would be great for you.

Here's a good midrangeheadphone

and a good cheapheaphone

Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Fosssil

I have a pair of Sennheiser HD555s that I use for playing Halo 3 and listening to music, and they're excellent. Most all Sennheiser headphones will be of good quality, but those in particular are excellent for gaming (of course, if you're playing on Xbox Live, you'll need a seperate headset to communicate with other players).

zig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By zig

If you feel like spending a ridiculous amount of money on a "pro" headset you could check out the Astro A40 (search google).  I wouldn't recommend it personally but hey it's an option.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.