Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hearthstone

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

A Free-to-Play collectible card game by Blizzard Entertainment set in the Warcraft universe.

**FINALS TONIGHT (8/2)** HS Scrub League Tournament

DonMFJohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@zevvion: And also got lucky with draws :). Surely there are already plans for the next tournament where you can show off your decks and skills.

Electric_Zen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By Electric_Zen

Class breakdown of tournament teams:

No Caption Provided

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@starvinggamer's ancient paladin rush (forget the dude's name who originally made it) was too much for my decks, though guess I could have picked a better third deck. Was not anticipating going against the 1st-3rd best player in the first round though, wanted it to be more interesting. We did best of five because fuck best of three if you have three decks.

Edit: Eureka! It was Cixah, though Cixah's does run Sword of Justice.

Swiftopian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@perniciousdistortion: I work almost that exact same schedule so perfect. When I log back in tonight I'll add you. It should be fun!

ADAMWD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 26

#55  Edited By ADAMWD

@jackhole: Monday or Wednesday would be best for me. I have a class from 1pm-6pm EST on Tuesday and Thursday, but I could probably schedule something after that.

Acura_Max

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@a_randay92 Hey duder. Let me know when you're able to play so we can have our match.

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@ghostiet: I anticipate if this goes well, we'll have another. :)

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

@zevvion: And also got lucky with draws :). Surely there are already plans for the next tournament where you can show off your decks and skills.

You're too humble. I may have some skills in some games, but Hearthstone sure isn't one of them. I do would like to play on European servers sometime though.

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zevvion said:

Well, I'm out. @donmfjohnson is a cheater. He made like, tactically superior decisions and stuff. I thought we weren't allowed to do that?

What a jerk! Being good at a game, what kind of behavior is that?!

ghostdini85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Dew
    GreigWatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By GreigWatt

Thanks for playing again. You were a scholar and a gent. For the record I was the loser of our match and @lockes84 will be going forward to play @phatmac. My aim for the next scrub league is to unlock more cards for my US deck.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Thanks for playing again. You were a scholar and a gent. For the record I was the loser of our match and @lockes84 will be going forward to play @phatmac. My aim for the next scrub league is to unlock more cards for my US deck.

Same here. It completely possible running mostly basic cards I though. I first played on American servers when I heard of this tournament which was about a week ago. Climbed to rank 13 in American servers with mostly basic cards.

Lockes84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Lockes84

@greigwatt: very good games indeed! I'm looking forward to maybe a tournament season? That would be a cool feature in this game, leagues!

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By C0V3RT

Glad everyone seems to be enjoying themselves!

The file with the bracket is on my laptop at work, so I'll get it updated Monday.

Ideas for next scrub league include double elimination and/or having a no legendaries/epics. Any other ideas?

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@c0v3rt: No rares either and I'd be interested; neutral rares are some of the most overplayed, boring cards in the game.

ghostdini85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By ghostdini85

@thedew: We can play at 11pm or 12am EST. I'll be online for the rest of the day.

Dew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lockes84 said:

@greigwatt: very good games indeed! I'm looking forward to maybe a tournament season? That would be a cool feature in this game, leagues!

If there is enough interest - I'm sure there is a site out there that we could input wins and losses against each other and in return get a ranking that could be used for seeding in future tournaments. That may be getting too far ahead of myself or more work than people are wanting to do.

Dew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I won against ghostdini85 in round 1 of the tournament. Is it okay to move on and play my 2nd round matchup?

Lockes84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Lockes84

@c0v3rt: have you checked out http://challonge.com/ ? We used it in a DiveKick tournement a few months back. Take a look.

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedew: Yeah go for it. People are blowing through matchups which is cool. I guess we'll just use the dates as a soft deadline moving forward.

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Electric_Zen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@c0v3rt said:

Ideas for next scrub league include double elimination and/or having a no legendaries/epics. Any other ideas?

I'd like to see the earlier rounds go best of 5. As one player said earlier, if you're going to put together 3 decks you want the chance to use them.

I don't have lots of epics/legendaries, but I'm not super keen on banning them from the tournament either. I think we'll see fewer classes and less variety, since some classes rely on a key epic card or two, even to build cheaper decks.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

@fredchuckdave: Disagree, rares should definitely be allowed. They're not OP and they're guaranteed in each deck. No there's no reason to take them out. Just my two cents though!

Or maybe have a cycle of 3 tournies that we go through. One with any allowed, then next tourney is no legendary, then next would be no lengendary/rares, and the cycle starts over again. Different opportunities for different players.

Dew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Dew
    C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@electric_zen: That's fair. The third deck is intended to just give you a little flexibility to play a deck that's strong against the deck that just beat you. If you go best of 5 from the start, you may be behind the 8 ball if it comes down to game 5. We can for sure give it a go, I just didn't want to make people commit a ton of time - especially since we've got some Europeans who just joined the server to participate and wouldn't have a ton of cards.

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So... @lockes84 shared with me a site that can run the bracket. I'd still need to report the results, but doing so makes double elimination more feasible.

Do you want me to switch this to double elimination? Or just keep it single elimination and keep it in mind for next time?

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

@c0v3rt: challonge is the bomb, double elim is cool with me just gotta let everyone know?

Avatar image for perniciousdistortion
    perniciousdistortion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blargonaut cool just let me know whats up and ill make sure i get a hold of you

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By C0V3RT

Here is the updated - bracket on Challonge. I've thrown the double elim in there if we switch to it, if not, just ignore it.

http://challonge.com/xn985xno

Dew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My apologies I forgot to add the score. I won 2-0

Lockes84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Lockes84

Wow, that looks really good! I like the idea of a double elim so I'm game.The time frame that everyone has to set up their matches is generous too. Thanks for running the show @COV3RT!

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tyashki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I beat L44 2-1.

@lilarcor, you're next! Added you on Battle.net.

perniciousdistortion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blargonaut ok im taking my girl to work and ill be back at 9:30am EST i go to work at 2:30pm ill be waiting.

veovisjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By veovisjohn

@spunkyhepanda: Great. I'll look for you next time I'm on. Pretty busy this weekend but starting Monday and all through the week I should have time to play most evenings.

perniciousdistortion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

first round - game 1: @blargonaut won with his priest vs. my hunter the rest of the games will be played monday or tuesday

ADAMWD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

@jackhole I sent you a friend request on Battlenet. I'll be free all day tomorrow, so that would probably work best for me. I believe you said you would be free after 1pm?

Jackhole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@adamwd said:

@jackhole I sent you a friend request on Battlenet. I'll be free all day tomorrow, so that would probably work best for me. I believe you said you would be free after 1pm?

Yup, 1PM works for me

VikingRk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@c0v3rt: No rares either and I'd be interested; neutral rares are some of the most overplayed, boring cards in the game.

If you limit it to basic cards, it's just going to turn into a mage tournament. Unless we're talking only banning neutral cards.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By Fredchuckdave

It's clear that I lost to netdecking at this point so any salt that I might have built up has evaporated in favor of total indifference.

No Caption Provided

@vikingrk: Warlock is probably the best white-only class. But at any rate rare's only is just this over and over and over:

2x Argent Commander

2x Defender of Argus

2x Sunwalker

2x Azure Drake

2x Knife Juggler

Of those the only card that I think is moderately interesting is Juggler; even if he's in every deck at least what he does is amusing instead of just annoying.

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spoilers: 2 of my 3 decks are netdecks... though in one of them there isn't a ton of room of customization.

Dew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure at least 50% of the decks in this tournament will be netdecks.

VikingRk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah it kind of sucks that there's a pretty small pool of cards that are clearly so much better than the rest. And how about stuff like Bloodfen Raptor? Why would you ever play it when you have Ooze available to you? The only reason would be as a Hunter for the Beast synergy, but then there's River Croc for the same cost with more health. I don't get it at all.

But anyway, I think it would be great to have tournaments where you are forced to build unusual decks. Make it clear they're totally for fun.

What makes you say Warlock by the way? Because of the ability to draw?

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vikingrk: For me to play a 2 drop that only has 2 health, it needs to have a battlecry or death rattle that I can use - otherwise there are just too many 1 drops or different means of removal that deal with it before I get to use it which costs me value. And puts me behind.

A DUMB DUMB DUMB idea for a tournament would be to pick a class, go to the screen where you create a deck, then before you select any cards click done and let the game randomly complete the deck for you. It would probably favor the person who has the bigger collection, but it creates some crazy decks.

SpunkyHePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@c0v3rt said:

A DUMB DUMB DUMB idea for a tournament would be to pick a class, go to the screen where you create a deck, then before you select any cards click done and let the game randomly complete the deck for you. It would probably favor the person who has the bigger collection, but it creates some crazy decks.

Love this idea and all its dumbness. It would also be nice if you could build a deck arena-style for playing against friends.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#98 chaser324  Moderator

@c0v3rt: It might not be a bad idea for you to setup your bracket on http://challonge.com/ - it'll probably be much easier for you to keep up to date rather than uploading a new image periodically.

C0V3RT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lilarcor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I haven't put any money into this game so I can't really construct any super powerful decks, but I've done OK on the ranked ladder so we'll see how it goes! If I advance even once I'll consider it a wild success.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.