Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hearthstone

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

A Free-to-Play collectible card game by Blizzard Entertainment set in the Warcraft universe.

Apparently Hunter Pence Streams Hearthstone

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Fredchuckdave

You know, the major league baseball player for the San Francisco Giants. I feel kind of weird watching it for whatever reason; but it seems very likely that people like Shaq, Conan, etc. will eventually be on twitch as well. It's very novel to say the least. Dude was in the All Star game yesterday. If dozens of camera whores can play Hearthstone then why not a top 50 MLB player (19th in fWAR for position players, 18th in the NL in bWAR)? Not to insult Mr. Pence (he seems to be somewhat competent) but I think the dumber the player the more interesting the stream would be, we need some Manny Ramirez shenanigans. The future is NOW.

Contract if people are curious, Hunter Pence could afford approximately 12 million arena runs annually.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

Considering the internet probably got him his stolen scooter back, it makes sense he'd be one of the early athletes to try something like this.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This is so weird... I don't follow baseball, but just the idea of of a MLB player streaming is just bizarre to me.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@ssully: I feel weird too, but I don't think it actually is weird fundamentally; at least it's not any weirder than watching any other stream (which is kind of inherently creepy to begin with if there's a facecam involved). If anything the general weirdness of people that follow celebrities is bound to have a lot of overlap with people that watch streams.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By wjb

Haha, I love that he has a picture of himself right above...himself. Also loving this turn-of-the-century blue-collar rock n' roll music like Kid Rock and Everlast.

Eh, I heard he's a "legit gamer", and he's dating a woman who works for IGN.

I wonder if he does menial tasks as awkward-looking as he bats, throws, and runs. Dude's a great baseball player, but looks stiff in everything he does.

HeyGuys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hunter Pence is a bit of an odd duck, always has been. I think it's cool he's taking a crack at it, I assume just because it's something he wanted to do.

koolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta do something during all star break.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Quite the week for unlikely faces streaming video games it would seem.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Now all I'm waiting for is the Hunter Pence/Fred Durst Dota Stream.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@dalai: Durst streaming makes some amount of sense, given that he's ancient; Pence is possibly having the best year of his career.

SpaceRunaway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My first response was "Hunter Pence who?", because there was no possible way I could see it being THE Hunter Pence.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Someone needs to get Mike Trout on twitch ASAP.

Avatar image for darknessmyoldfriend
    DarknessMyOldFriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know, the major league baseball player for the San Francisco Giants. I feel kind of weird watching it for whatever reason; but it seems very likely that people like Shaq, Conan, etc. will eventually be on twitch as well. It's very novel to say the least. Dude was in the All Star game yesterday. If dozens of camera whores can play Hearthstone then why not a top 50 MLB player (19th in fWAR for position players, 18th in the NL in bWAR)? Not to insult Mr. Pence (he seems to be somewhat competent) but I think the dumber the player the more interesting the stream would be, we need some Manny Ramirez shenanigans. The future is NOW.

Contract if people are curious, Hunter Pence could afford approximately 12 million arena runs annually.

Manny would be infuriating to watch, he'd have 50 unopened card packs sitting there.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.