Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Heavy Rain

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Jan 25, 2010

An interactive thriller from the studio behind Indigo Prophecy, sporting a dark storyline involving the investigation of a mysterious serial killer.

Absolutely Infuriated (Spoilers)

Jacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Jacy

So during the scene where you must run from the cops through the subway, I was getting through just fine. I was making good progress, and I was trying to keep a steady pace and all that jazz. Then I get to about midway on that platform, and right where I'm walking, a group of 5 people with suitcases spawn, making it impossible for me to move forward or backward. It wouldn't be so angering if not for the fact that this is a fucking huge God dammed scene story wise, and my success or failure was decided by a bug/graphical hitch. Has anyone else had this games technical problems get in the way at very inopportune times? What about just minor bugs that still can be quite annoying? Another for me was when Ethan was trying to avoid paparazzi in front of his house, which seemed simple. Jump over the fence, get to the car. Well, some strange bug prevented me from getting over the fence, and made me spend an hour or so (real time, not in game) walking around in circles in my house trying to find the popup, and would have longer except that the game lost all sound, and then restarted the PS3 a few seconds after I tried to exit to the main menu. 

Enjoying the game heavily, and my biggest complaints so far are merely the voices being a bit off (which I thought was going to be a big problem for me, turns out it's not) and the stupid bugs that really inhibit my ability to enjoy certain parts of the game. I should be feeling sad and let down right now, not absolutely infuriated. 

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Evilsbane

The biggest thing that happened to me was when you were playing Norman while he was investigating the room where you fought the killer. There are some gas receipts on the floor that you need to pick up, at the time I had no idea they were there, now just so you understand I check Everything because I like to finish the game with the best ending possible, but the game never gave me a prompt to pick them up. So I continued the story and was unable to narrow down the killer's identity So I stopped the game and looked up why I was unable to go forward, I had to replay like an hour of the game so I could get through it correctly. That kinda sucked.

cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cspiffo

My most infuriating part was crawling through the damn tunnel filled with glass.  Ethen would not turn left a critical point no matter how hard I tried to make him.  He eventually exited the tunnel unexpectedly and I got an trophy for being a coward.  Fuck you game!
    Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

Man, that sounds super annoying. I experienced zero bugs/glitches when I played through the game, which seems odd after everything I have read. 

Jrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Jrad
    @Jacy said:
    Another for me was when Ethan was trying to avoid paparazzi in front of his house, which seemed simple. Jump over the fence, get to the car. Well, some strange bug prevented me from getting over the fence, and made me spend an hour or so (real time, not in game) walking around in circles in my house trying to find the popup, and would have longer except that the game lost all sound, and then restarted the PS3 a few seconds after I tried to exit to the main menu.  
    In case you didn't know: you can just walk out the front door with no ill effects.

@cspiffo said:
    " My most infuriating part was crawling through the damn tunnel filled with glass.  Ethen would not turn left a critical point no matter how hard I tried to make him.  He eventually exited the tunnel unexpectedly and I got an trophy for being a coward.  Fuck you game! "
    Turning while moving is really iffy in the tunnels. If you remain still, Ethan can turn in any direction. It's important to remember that you don't need  to hold in the direction you're moving.

To be honest, I haven't really experienced any issues at all. It froze up once right after the mall level, but I restarted it and then finished it in one sitting. Great game.
    Jacy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Jacy
    @Jrad: Was not aware of that, but regardless all prompts were broken in the house.  

Spoilers below. 

Experienced another great bug with Shelby as he's about to get kidnapped. When the scene began, I simply wasn't able to move or do any actions. Required a full game restart, which wasn't a big deal, but 3 major bugs in a 10-15 hour experience is just... Come on. The game could have used 3 more months of polish :(
    Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Nictel

Had one froze up which I'm unsure was due to Heavy Rain because it had frozen earlier on the browser. Other than that no bugs or glitches at all.

Ihatespaces

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Ihatespaces

I have had absolutely no problems with Heavy Rain. so it's pretty odd hearing other people talking about all of these bugs and glitches.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
    deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I had no issues.  I think you guys are playing it wrong.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By cornbredx

I had no bugs. It did freeze up on one part but I restarted next day, redid the scene (which saved alittle into it so I didnt have to replay all that much), and it was fine. My only issue with the game was the movement. As stated the movement in the tunnel crawl was excruciatingly bad. But other wise no problems gameplay wise, nothing game hindering or preventing me from playing how i wanted except the six axis qte failing at parts so I failed things i didnt want to fail. But didnt bother me to much, I was resolved to live with the consequence of whatever happened and it never was game breakingly bad for me.
    super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By super_machine

Oh man, I had a big problem. Right at the end, when Ethan shoots the Killer, the camera pans down to Ethan and Madison and freezes. XBM button does nothing, the game is totally locked and I had no choice but to reboot. When I continue, the loading screen with the kid goes as normal and then loads a black screen with no XMB function. Basically my game is fucked right at the end, and because I can't load a previous save or load a chapter I'll have to start over. I was going to play a second run through anyway, but this is just stupid. I laugh at how they wanted to avoid breaking the immersion from trophies, but their game is so glitched it crashes at a critical moment. FUCK!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.