Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Heavy Rain

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Jan 25, 2010

An interactive thriller from the studio behind Indigo Prophecy, sporting a dark storyline involving the investigation of a mysterious serial killer.

Heavy Rain, MIA

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By TheKidNixon

So watched the Sony press conference like everyone else, and while I was impressed I couldn't help but ask myself: where is Heavy Rain? Yes, they showed it in various clip reels and they name-dropped it at the beginning of a conference to a HUGE round of applause, rivaled only by God of War III. But then not an on-stage demo or even a trailer. I know that they only have limited time to cover everything, but I really think Sony underestimates just how many people are eagerly anticipating this game. It is the sole real reason I'll eventually buy a PS3. Plus, I think the more people who saw it, the more they would be intrigued themselves.

Anyone else disappointed with Heavy Rain's absence in any real form?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f
    deactivated-5ffc9b0923f9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Yeah it definitely got the biggest applause when they flashed the logo in the beginning, which kinda surprised me. I didn't know that many people were diggin' it.

But yeah I was disappointed there wasn't any new trailer or anything. I wanted to see how my next Shenmue-esque game was coming along =(

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By EpicSteve
    @TripMasterMunky said:
    " Yeah it definitely got the biggest applause when they flashed the logo in the beginning, which kinda surprised me. I didn't know that many people were diggin' it.But yeah I was disappointed there wasn't any new trailer or anything. I wanted to see how my next Shenmue-esque game was coming along =( "
    That did make me smile that people made dramatically more noise at that logo flash.
    Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Steve_C

Hmmm, if only there was a new trailer.

Gamespot also had a live demo on their show a bit earlier. 'twas good indeed.
    TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TheKidNixon

I think that it has become something of a critics/media darling, and for good reason; beautiful, arty and exciting with a focus towards truly adult narrative, it really captures a lot of aspects that get mass media junkies like me take notice.

Like I said, this is the one thing that has me seriously considering buying a PS3. I'm curious just how much faith Sony has in the title, and if they'll take notice of that HUGE pop it got today.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#6  Edited By AgentJ

Yeah, both Heavy Rain and White Knight Chronicles were totally abscent. 

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Pibo47

Yeah...this game still hasn't peaked my interest.

Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Steve_C

They also said that tomorrow they'll show the 3rd character, before showing the 4th at TGS. Early 2010 release.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By Stephen_Von_Cloud
    @Pibo47 said:
    " Yeah...this game still hasn't peaked my interest. "
    Same.  Indigo Prophesy was interesting early on while the story made sense and the gameplay wasn't too frustrating, and from previews it seems like they learned their lesson, but it still doesn't seem fun to play.  You hold down a trigger to walk around like you're a car?  Huh?  Do they realize we have analog sticks these days?

I don't want to play a game full of quick time events.  I'd rather it just was a straight up adventure game or have actual gameplay.  Maybe the story will be good enough to get me interested but it better be damn good.
    ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ZombieHunterOG
    @Stephen_Von_Cloud said:
    "
    @Pibo47 said:
    Same.  Indigo Prophesy was interesting early on while the story made sense and the gameplay wasn't too frustrating, and from previews it seems like they learned their lesson, but it still doesn't seem fun to play.  You hold down a trigger to walk around like you're a car?  Huh?  Do they realize we have analog sticks these days?I don't want to play a game full of quick time events.  I'd rather it just was a straight up adventure game or have actual gameplay.  Maybe the story will be good enough to get me interested but it better be damn good. "
    agreed entirely 

Avatar image for pissedoffthewitch
    pissedoffthewitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

G$ did a pretty good hands on demo of it

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
    Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I still remember that sequence in Indigo Prophesy when you fought that guy on the roof and had to pull the triggers so fast that I literally did not have the muscle endurance to do it and was so sore when I finally managed to do it after many tries.  That game played like absolute shit.  At least make the quick time events easy.

I don't know why I even bothered.  By that point the story was such a mess that it was not worth it.  The beginning was so interesting (especially the scene in the bathroom) that I stuck with it though.

JakJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By JakJ

Gamespot had a live demo of it a few hours ago, so the encode should be hitting the site soon.

That game looks AMAZING. A true interactive movie, but what's really impressive is how the story dynamically branches (quite significantly) based upon your actions. That and the graphics and attention to detail are omg amazing.

For example, the car the character drives looks like it was straight out of GT. First time I've ever seen a car in a non-driving game match that kind of quality.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Pibo47
    @ZombieHunter said:
    "
    @Stephen_Von_Cloud said:
    "
    @Pibo47 said:
    Same.  Indigo Prophesy was interesting early on while the story made sense and the gameplay wasn't too frustrating, and from previews it seems like they learned their lesson, but it still doesn't seem fun to play.  You hold down a trigger to walk around like you're a car?  Huh?  Do they realize we have analog sticks these days?I don't want to play a game full of quick time events.  I'd rather it just was a straight up adventure game or have actual gameplay.  Maybe the story will be good enough to get me interested but it better be damn good. "
    agreed entirely 

"
    Same.
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15  Edited By mordukai

I saw a demo of it on G4 and it looked pretty interesting,  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.