Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Heavy Rain

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Jan 25, 2010

An interactive thriller from the studio behind Indigo Prophecy, sporting a dark storyline involving the investigation of a mysterious serial killer.

The Inevitable Heavy Rain Announcement Has Me So Excited

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By get2sammyb

I can't wait for Leipzig later today -- in fact I think I'm even more stoked over Sony's conference today than I was for the whole of E3. The one reason: Heavy Rain.

I was a huge fan of Fahrenheit and it sounds to me like this game intends to build upon the genius (if not SLIGHTLY flawed) of that game so I just cannot wait. I'm so interested to see how the games going to play and to just get a glimpse of the envrionments and characters.

Let's face it the latest screenshots probably outdo MGS4 (which is no mean feat) so if it looks like this in real time we could have the greatest looking game ever on our hands. Not to mention the fact that the developers are so intune with knowing exactly what they want to create -- essentially an interactive means of story telling.

I'm so, so stoked.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By get2sammyb

The video is pretty fucking unbelievable. I'm worrying it's going to be all one big interactive cut-scene but I doubt that very much.

Can't wait for more information on that game. Check the video here:

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/08/20/heavy-rain-confirmed-for-2009/

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Otacon

Well I hope there is more to the action scenes than context sensitive button pressing, but it does look really good.

Demyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Demyx
    Otacon said:
    "Well I hope there is more to the action scenes than context sensitive button pressing, but it does look really good."
    Yeah, me too.
    But its looking very good.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By get2sammyb
    Demyx said:
    "Otacon said:
    "Well I hope there is more to the action scenes than context sensitive button pressing, but it does look really good."
    Yeah, me too.
    But its looking very good."
    It's got me confused you know - people thathave played it seem to love it but those that haven't played it (like ourselves) all seem to be worrying about it.

From what I can tell the QTE's are just a PORTION of the action -- I think I read on Kotaku there are said to be 50-60 of the events throughout the game, all with multiple endings etc.

From what I've read the game has exploration parts to because journos have reported the way the game controls: R trigger moving you forward and the analogue sticks shifting your weight or something.

It's not all a big QTE so don't listen to the people calling it Dragons Lair because from what I can tell it's not. What I will say is that I wish Quantic Dreams would come out and clarify that fact because even though the game has been announced now still no one knows fuck all about it.

http://kotaku.com/5040170/heavy-rain-youre-soaking-in-it
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By get2sammyb
    zidane33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By zidane33

i think the gameplay will be exactly like indigo prophecy their earlier game and it had a lot of QTE which is not bad, i recommend this game for anyone who wants a taste for heavy rain because i think they will be really similar

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.