Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Heavy Rain

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Jan 25, 2010

An interactive thriller from the studio behind Indigo Prophecy, sporting a dark storyline involving the investigation of a mysterious serial killer.

What 'Trials' Would You Do In Real Life?

gamerover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By gamerover

So I was watching some of the 'endurance run' style footage of Heavy Rain on Youtube since I don't have a PS3 and I am completely flabergasted by the guts that the characters have in this playthrough. Now I know that this is a game, and frankly in-game I'd want to do the riskly things just to see how it pans out. However, in real life taking a risk is a completely different matter. So how would you react to some of the situations that the main characters are presented with in-game

Just to start off with some thoughts on Ethan... 

Solarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Solarus

I played through the game, while doing the trials that I thought I would be capable of doing in real life if I was in the same mental state as Ethan. In other words I

SPOILERS (this should have been in the topic title btw)

Would do all of the trials with the exception of killing the drug dealer guy.

Jackel2072

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Jackel2072
    Mooshu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Mooshu

Trials HD.

I mean who wouldn't want to ride a bike through fire, exploding barrels, be tossed around like a rag doll, and still survive?

Nice_Marmot88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Nice_Marmot88

I would attempt the Bear trial.
    I wouldn't be able to cut my finger tip off 
    I would try the butterfly trial, but it would probably end up like it did in the game for me. I would get shocked close to death and then shamble out the coward door.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By nintendoeats

I wouldn't and didn't shoot the guy.

Everything else, sure.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
    CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

I would do the driving sequence and I would kill the drug dealer scumbag THAT REPEATEDLY TRIED TO KILL ME. 

MAYBE the finger. The others, no way.

JokerClown88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By JokerClown88

I would do them all.  Especially if I was in Ethans situation.  His son was the only good part of his life.  Everything else was shit.  I would drive like a maniac, crawl through the glass and active power lines, shoot the drug dealer (especially after he tried to kill me). cut off a finger, AND "poison" myself.
    MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By MikkaQ

Yeah shooting the drug dealer wasn't a huge problem, he tries to shoot you, then tug at your heartstrings by waving photos of his kids around like a dirty junkie.  

The butterfly trial glass part is stupid. He has a leather jacket, he could take it off, and use it to push the glass forward. The electric shit's nuts, I did it in game, but in real life it would be impossible, basically. If I liked the kid enough I'd do the poison, but only if my life sucked as much as Mars', but unfortunately the kid was a bit of a distant dick at times, so I dunno about him in particular. 

The driving shit, hell no because realistically, that's probably the most impossible one to do.  

Also I must have done something funny with the finger chop stuff. Everyone was using painkillers and whiskey and biting on a stick or something. I didn't know you could do that, I just grabbed the axe and chopped it right off.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By trophyhunter

none of them and no one would

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Addfwyn

Bear - No, that's actually by far the worst trial.  Unless I know it's a time of day the area would be totally abandoned. 
    Butterfly - Probably, it's not actually so bad to do in real life. 
    Lizard - I...don't think I could do it. 
    Shark - No. 
    Rat - Heck no. 

So probably only butterfly, so I wouldn't get enough letters at all to save my son.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.