Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hidden & Dangerous

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Jul 29, 1999

Hidden & Dangerous is a tactical World War II shooter.

Hidden and Dangerous 1, a game so good I bought it twice.

Harbi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By Harbi

Once for the PC and once for the Dreamcast. OK, the controls on the dreamcast were awful, but the pause and play strategy on the PC with a team of guys that you had free reign over was brilliant. Perhaps it was too open ended for people, but I thought this was a game with just the right amount of difficulty and "do it your way!" style that I haven't seen since. Well, I take that back. H&D2 bettered it. Very fond memories.

Harbi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Harbi

Once for the PC and once for the Dreamcast. OK, the controls on the dreamcast were awful, but the pause and play strategy on the PC with a team of guys that you had free reign over was brilliant. Perhaps it was too open ended for people, but I thought this was a game with just the right amount of difficulty and "do it your way!" style that I haven't seen since. Well, I take that back. H&D2 bettered it. Very fond memories.

DXmagma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By DXmagma

fraid i don't know what this game is. is it a squad shooter detailing the jobs of rick hidden and mike dangerous, a rouge detective duo?

gexecuter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By gexecuter
    @DXmagma said:
    " fraid i don't know what this game is. is it a squad shooter detailing the jobs of rick hidden and mike dangerous, a rouge detective duo? "
    It's a tactical FPS set in WW2. I played the free version and while it's not a perfect game at all i played most of the campaigns, but man was it hard.
    Harbi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Harbi

LOL, yeah, those two guys really got up to some crazy shenanigans. 

I guess it was a really hard game, but I was in the mood for that kind of thing back then. Really the only way to finish a level was to strategically snipe everyone from just inside the fog range... but we all love a good sniping game don't we? And that was just the outdoor levels, the indoor ones were twice as hard, but if you had a good fast gun you could set off an alarm and hide in a room while the enemies piled in and you mowed them down. Awesome. 

Could never play it these days.

MichaelBach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By MichaelBach

I remember that game, it was awesome in it's time.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jimbo

Weird, I somehow ended up with two copies of H&D 2.

H&D 1 was great, but hilariously buggy.  I remember half the time you would run over that small hill right in front of you at the start of the first level and just fall through the ground.  Brilliant.  H&D 2 was incredible, and a little less buggy.  

I miss this style of game.

JoeMarsden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By JoeMarsden

Hidden & Dangerous is the shit. Though we'll probably never see it (and if we do, we won't see it like it was), a sequel would be the best thing ever .

Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#8  Edited By Tordah

I remember playing it and getting really frustrated at the high difficulty and clunky controls. Like the game wasn't hard enough without you fighting against the controls and overall buggyness! 

I also remember climbing ladders being a nightmare in this game.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

The original Hidden & Dangerous was actually released for free to promote it's sequel, and you can still download it for free from GamersHell.

Harbi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Harbi

Ladders! Oh Nos! Never try to climb a ladder, or at least make sure you've cleared the level of enemies first. I remember a level where you had to disable AA guns in a train station and all you could see with the sniper sights was the silhouette of the troopers against the light beams of the skylights. Pew pew! Awesome! Not for the feint of heart.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.