Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Homefront

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 15, 2011

By the year 2027, the North Koreans have managed to unify Korea, annex Japan, and also invade the western half of the United States. As an American rebel fighter, it is the player's duty to help push the NPA out of the United States and end the citizens' suffering.

Homefront = COD + Battlefield + Jank

• 63 results
    Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
    MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

The only difference between this and MW2? Real places rather than fake burger joints. Anyone else see the White Castle? lol. 
    But wow, yeah, that totally does look like CoD with vehicles. Like, a LOT. Huh. Looks a lot better than I expected. Might actually be a fun game!

actionTACO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By actionTACO

hmmm, a game about a ragtag resistance waging a guerrilla war against a superior occupying force, you say? perhaps this will be a chance to do some interesting things with asymmetric warfare, or  maybe make stealth and ambush tactics part of the core game play...

*makes a heavily scripted COD clone*   

game is gonna suck and probably be a slight bit racist to boot

zero_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By zero_

I'm just interested in how the single player pans out...

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#54  Edited By nintendoeats

I saw a kiosk with this game running last week and thought "Wow, could that game look ANY more like Call of Duty?"

I didn't get up close to it though, so maybe its completely different under the hood *shrug*

ROKMarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By ROKMarine

I will be buying it for the story, the multiplayer is a bonus 

JerichoBlyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#56  Edited By JerichoBlyth

My new copy of Edge magazine came in today. They completely slammed the single player but did not get round to taking an extensive look at the multiplayer.

Regardless of this ommission however, they decided to give the game 5/10 for poor story, clunky game mechanics (grenades stick to the ground, player gets stuck in the scenary, not everything you believe to be destructable actually is etc) and apparently the game can be completed in 3 and a half hours if you're a seasoned FPS vet.

What a crock. 

P.S - In the same issue, they also gave Dragon Age II a 6/10. They didn't half let us all have it this month lol.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

The first review for it...does not bode well..EDGE gave it a 5/10 

@JerichoBlyth said:

" My new copy of Edge magazine came in today. They completely slammed the single player but did not get round to taking an extensive look at the multiplayer.  Regardless of this ommission however, they decided to give the game 5/10 for poor story, clunky game mechanics (grenades stick to the ground, player gets stuck in the scenary, not everything you believe to be destructable actually is etc) and apparently the game can be completed in 3 and a half hours if you're a seasoned FPS vet.  What a crock.   P.S - In the same issue, they also gave Dragon Age II a 6/10. They didn't half let us all have it this month lol. "
    Crock? As in your upset how short the game is? Or you think EDGE is bsing? 
    mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By mikeeegeee

God damn this looks like Call of Duty.

JerichoBlyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By JerichoBlyth
    @The_Laughing_Man said:
    " The first review for it...does not bode well..EDGE gave it a 5/10 

@JerichoBlyth said:
    " My new copy of Edge magazine came in today. They completely slammed the single player but did not get round to taking an extensive look at the multiplayer.  Regardless of this ommission however, they decided to give the game 5/10 for poor story, clunky game mechanics (grenades stick to the ground, player gets stuck in the scenary, not everything you believe to be destructable actually is etc) and apparently the game can be completed in 3 and a half hours if you're a seasoned FPS vet.  What a crock.   P.S - In the same issue, they also gave Dragon Age II a 6/10. They didn't half let us all have it this month lol. "
    Crock? As in your upset how short the game is? Or you think EDGE is bsing?  "
    I'm upset at the fact that THQ hyped the single player in particular with all their publicity stunts, only to give us a 3 hour fiddle to pass a day with.
    Shadowsquire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Shadowsquire

Anybody know if this game will have a dedicated server you can host on a LAN? I'm hoping for a game that me and some friends can play thats not CoD4. Either way this looks pretty sweet. Will probably be picking this up.

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#61  Edited By sameeeeam

I don't think I'll be buying this. I'm holding back on multiplayer focused FPS games until BF3 comes out. I'm kind of getting tired of them all.

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
    The_Laughing_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#62  Edited By The_Laughing_Man

OPM gave it a 9/10 So I wonder what is up with this game. 

Xtacles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Xtacles

Already traded in Killzone 3 for the PC version of Homefront, the SP being short isn't really a huge bother as I'm knee deep in DA: O. The MP is where it's at, and with the PC having dedicated servers, DX11, First person cockpits and the handy dandy mouse I am sure I'll enjoy this more then KZ3.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.