Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Homefront

Game » consists of 12 releases. Released Mar 15, 2011

By the year 2027, the North Koreans have managed to unify Korea, annex Japan, and also invade the western half of the United States. As an American rebel fighter, it is the player's duty to help push the NPA out of the United States and end the citizens' suffering.

Homefront's coming!

Avatar image for overlord_ofthedeadxd
    overlord_ofthedeadXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Most badass tagline ever!
    Another month, another FPS. What sets Homefront from Call Of Duty is that it's more story driven. The concept is pretty cool. The USA's been taken over by North Korea, and whatever Resistance is left  are fighting a losing battle. The story is going to be emotional and depressing, but don't let that fool you. It's still going to be badass like COD. Though in gameplay videos, it looks like another COD rip-off but this game also has a Battlefield flavor added to it. You get to drive vehicles, control some drones, and shoot cool guns. The main draw of the game is the story. It's a very, very unique one. Who ever thought of a story about Uncle Sam being owned by North Koreans? This game looks like it's going to be great!
    Avatar image for overlord_ofthedeadxd
    overlord_ofthedeadXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Another month, another FPS. What sets Homefront from Call Of Duty is that it's more story driven. The concept is pretty cool. The USA's been taken over by North Korea, and whatever Resistance is left  are fighting a losing battle. The story is going to be emotional and depressing, but don't let that fool you. It's still going to be badass like COD. Though in gameplay videos, it looks like another COD rip-off but this game also has a Battlefield flavor added to it. You get to drive vehicles, control some drones, and shoot cool guns. The main draw of the game is the story. It's a very, very unique one. Who ever thought of a story about Uncle Sam being owned by North Koreans? This game looks like it's going to be great!
    LincoIn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By LincoIn
    I'm still cautiously optimistic on this game. I applaud Kaos for attempting to create an emotional and engaging story for the singleplayer especially after Frontlines. Though looking at recent gameplay videos it's going to be hard for them to shake the COD comparisions. The multiplayer does look promising, I like the battle points system they seem to have going. The fact that it requires teamwork to be rewarded with vehicles and other perks is a welcome feature. Still on the fence myself, I will be waiting for reviews and other gamers feedback next week.
    Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 37

#3  Edited By Jazz

It looks promising, and even though it's only 5 hours long storywise, apparently it does a very good job in those 5 hours. 
    Shame that it's got Crysis 2 coming out not far afterwards. I would think more people are waiting for that than Homefront.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Yanngc33

fellow duders I hate to say this but this game is terrible. Got my copy on friday and played through it this weekend. I'm gonna write a review once gb lets me but oh boy, is this thing terrible. Save up for Crysis

Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
    JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets
    @Yanngc33 said:
    " fellow duders I hate to say this but this game is terrible. Got my copy on friday and played through it this weekend. I'm gonna write a review once gb lets me but oh boy, is this thing terrible. Save up for Crysis "
    Really? I was hoping of something good when I saw an interview about the campaign. Guess it's a pass then.
    Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6  Edited By Yanngc33
    @JoyfullOFrockets: It's amazing how a game so buggy and sub par can get green lit. You should maybe rent it to see how much of a trainwreck it is but this one goes right next to Turning Point on the bargain bin
    Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Afroman269

I think the premise sounded cool but none of the footage of this game compelled me to get this at all. I don't get the hype for this game.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By RE_Player1
    @Afroman269: Agreed. The premise is interesting but the gameplay and graphics look meh. Hopefully it turns out good but I have a feeling people will be disappointed. 
    Crixaliz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By Crixaliz
    @Yanngc33 said:
    " @JoyfullOFrockets: It's amazing how a game so buggy and sub par can get green lit. You should maybe rent it to see how much of a trainwreck it is but this one goes right next to Turning Point on the bargain bin "
    Ahh! That is unfortunate
    pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By pweidman

Wow, but it's getting many great review scores already.?? Hmmm. Yanngc33: Did you play any of the mp?
    natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#11  Edited By natetodamax

I was in line to play the game yesterday but didn't because I was going to be standing there for probably 30 minutes. From what I saw, it doesn't look too hot.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Pibo47

My hopes arent up super high for this game. Looks...meh. But hey, i could be wrong.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.