Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Horizon Zero Dawn

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Feb 28, 2017

Explore a lush, post-apocalyptic world inhabited by robotic beasts while uncovering secrets of the past.

Horizon zero dawn invert camera z axis

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-58b81e67af8fc
    deactivated-58b81e67af8fc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I can't be the only one that inverts there z axis in 3rd person games. Guerrilla games if you could implement that option in the next patch that would be amazing! Anyone else play like that?

retrometal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By retrometal

No!

Your brain is broken!

Avatar image for deactivated-6204297b0c601
    deactivated-6204297b0c601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

Z-axis? Do you mean you pull back on the left stick to move forward? I've never heard anyone do that. But if that's how you like to play, more power to you. I don't know why you're directing this specifically at Horizon, though; I don't recall seeing that option in any game, period.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jesus_Phish

@gooddoggy: Using a 3d camera, the Z axis would be the "up/down" one. The Y axis is the "left/right" one and the X axis would be "in/out". But since most camera movement doesn't allow you to move in an out, people normally talk about the camera just being a traditional X/Y axis camera.

So I believe the OP is talking about what most people would call the "Y axis" or "Vertical look".

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pyrodactyl
    @jesus_phish said:

@gooddoggy: Using a 3d camera, the Z axis would be the "up/down" one. The Y axis is the "left/right" one and the X axis would be "in/out". But since most camera movement doesn't allow you to move in an out, people normally talk about the camera just being a traditional X/Y axis camera.

So I believe the OP is talking about what most people would call the "Y axis" or "Vertical look".

That's just the worst coordinate system. The standard coordinate system for cameras in 3D is x pointing right, y pointing down and z pointing forward. The other convention is x right, y up and z backwards. Having X be the depth variable is pure non-sense.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

You can orient axis however you'd like....

So instead let's just say "Vertical Axis" and "Horizontal Axis" to avoid confusion.

Avatar image for deactivated-60481185a779c
    deactivated-60481185a779c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Can you honestly not invert Y axis in this game?

Avatar image for deactivated-6204297b0c601
    deactivated-6204297b0c601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

@jesus_phish: Ah, thanks for clarifying.

That just makes the OP more confusing though, because you can totally invert the vertical axis in Horizon.

Avatar image for ralphmoustaccio
    RalphMoustaccio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gooddoggy: I think the OP meant x-axis, and likely just accidentally typed "z," since they're right next to one another. It appears, from this discussion, that x-axis inversion is not an option in the game.

OneAndOnlyBigE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

deerokus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

X axis inverters make Y axis inverters seem socially acceptable.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Have we all started answering bots now?

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@jesus_phish said:

That's just the worst coordinate system. The standard coordinate system for cameras in 3D is x pointing right, y pointing down and z pointing forward. The other convention is x right, y up and z backwards. Having X be the depth variable is pure non-sense.

This. I can't think of any software that has a coordinate system that mental. It's worth noting that a lot of 3D modelling software uses Z as the vertical (up/down) axis instead of Y, but never Y as the horizontal (left/right) axis.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.