Humble Indie Bundle #3 Launches With Another Five Great Games

  • 84 results
  • 1
  • 2
#51 Posted by EgoCheck616 (782 posts) -

I own all of the games I am interested in, yet that didn't stop me from donating $5.00. Also, I am really glad to see Steam backing this thing up. At first it seemed questionable as to whether or not they would.

Everyone needs to play VVVVVV.

#52 Posted by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

just picked this up, pretty gutted that i missed the other bundles though :/

#53 Posted by SaturdayNightSpecials (2412 posts) -

I will donate $1 and 94 cents. Not much, but it's all I can spare.

The selection is definitely better than the last bundle. I only own VVVVVV, and I'm interested in Crayon Physics, AYIM, and Cogs.

#54 Posted by S2333 (86 posts) -
@DexterKid: I do agree with you. It seems Child's Play is the only one gamers get behind because it gives them a better name.
#55 Posted by Vampir (142 posts) -

The average contribution per platform is interesting. Apparently we windows users are stingy.

Linux $10.39

Mac $5.57

Windows $3.26

#56 Edited by try_again (15 posts) -

I already had VVVVVV and Cogs. Even so I bought the bundle. Will be giving a few more later on to some friends. Even if you have the games or don't like the lineup donate to support the charities and the indie devs. More dollars means more great games for windows, mac and linux (some ports were made to be released with this bundle and the last one)

#57 Posted by WillyFourEyes (82 posts) -

I bought the first two bundles, and I already have most of the games from the third (save Cogs, which I'm not really interested in), so I may just throw some money toward Child's Play this time around.

#58 Posted by FoxMulder (1706 posts) -

VVVVVV was aweome....have not finished that game at all...DAMN it is hard!

#59 Edited by kyrieee (379 posts) -

If you're even remotely interested in one of the games it's better to just pay 2$ and feel bad about it than to not pay anything at all and not get the games.

#60 Posted by JakeLogan (222 posts) -

Y'know what?  I'm still kind of pissed of with the Indie Bundle crew - I'd been checking deligently up on them and missed a couple of days only to find they hosted the second one and I lost out by mere minutes.  And then they went and said "Puppies for everyone!" and gave everybody Bundle #1 as well.   
 
Kinda chapped my ass.  By "kinda", I mean "really fucking" 
#61 Posted by GioVANNI (1288 posts) -
@Vampir: And I guess Linux users are the most generous... Hmm  
 
To be fair though, Windows is also the majority.  Probably just means people are stingy.
#62 Posted by retsub101 (168 posts) -
@JakeLogan said:
Y'know what?  I'm still kind of pissed of with the Indie Bundle crew - I'd been checking deligently up on them and missed a couple of days only to find they hosted the second one and I lost out by mere minutes.  And then they went and said "Puppies for everyone!" and gave everybody Bundle #1 as well.    Kinda chapped my ass.  By "kinda", I mean "really fucking" 
Oh... so the warm feeling of "giving money for a good cause" wasn't enough for you then? So much so that you actually felt ripped off when they gave the first bundle away free to early donaters? 
 
How ungrateful can you be?! You missed the point of the event entirely!
#63 Posted by Kidavenger (3582 posts) -

Is the paypal button missing for anyone else now? I was looking at this at work today and now I'm home and the paypal button is missing, but it still references it on the page's text.

#64 Posted by KillyDarko (1888 posts) -
@Kidavenger said:

Is the paypal button missing for anyone else now? I was looking at this at work today and now I'm home and the paypal button is missing, but it still references it on the page's text.

I got the bundle not even 30min ago through paypal and the button was there... Must be some sort of temporary glitch. Maybe try again in an hour or so? Best of luck :)
#65 Posted by Kyle (2323 posts) -

Too bad I already own three of those games. I'll buy it anyway though.

#66 Posted by kalmis (1559 posts) -

@rjayb89 said:

Got it mainly for And Yet It Moves because I don't want to play the Wii version I have. Paid $10.

The Wii version is actually better because the tilting movement is not fixed like on the PC version.

#67 Posted by kagato (944 posts) -

Bought this last night, i dont think i even played any of the previous pack but i like knowing its there lol.

#68 Posted by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

I was going to pay next to nothing, but i felt guilty, so i paid a fair amount for the pack. Its a nice initiative though

#69 Posted by Palaeomerus (355 posts) -

I usually pay $10 or twice the windows average whichever is bigger. Usually I already have the games (steam sales) so it's more of a donation thing. I do really like getting the free sound track MP3's sometimes though. I hope they do that here although I'm not sure that some of this round have soundtracks.

#70 Posted by BigStupidFace (214 posts) -

@RuthLoose: First time I finished THAT trinket, I only went and landed on the wrong side at the bottom again.

That god damn troll block was laughing at me I swear.

#71 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -

had them all but bought it for a friend anyway, so i help the charity and my friend.

#72 Edited by heatDrive88 (2360 posts) -

@Vampir said:

The average contribution per platform is interesting. Apparently we windows users are stingy.

Linux $10.39

Mac $5.57

Windows $3.26

Just FYI, you also have to factor in the other pie chart which notes who the majority of contributors are, which are Windows users. While yes, the calculated average of Windows users are lower than the others, the pool it is calculated from is significantly larger. The last time I saw the pie chart of users, it looked like Windows users were about 60% of all contributions, and Linux and Mac were 20% each.

In other words, while the calculated averages are as they show, the larger the sample size, the more likely the chance of the average contribution will likely be lower.

#73 Posted by mnzy (2915 posts) -
@heatDrive88 said:

@Vampir said:

The average contribution per platform is interesting. Apparently we windows users are stingy.

Linux $10.39

Mac $5.57

Windows $3.26

Just FYI, you also have to factor in the other pie chart which notes who the majority of contributors are, which are Windows users. While yes, the calculated average of Windows users are lower than the others, the pool it is calculated from is significantly larger. The last time I saw the pie chart of users, it looked like Windows users were about 60% of all contributions, and Linux and Mac were 20% each.

In other words, while the calculated averages are as they show, the larger the sample size, the more likely the chance of the average contribution will likely be lower.

Still cheap.
#74 Posted by nickb64 (214 posts) -
@mnzy
@heatDrive88 said:

@Vampir said:

The average contribution per platform is interesting. Apparently we windows users are stingy.

Linux $10.39

Mac $5.57

Windows $3.26

Just FYI, you also have to factor in the other pie chart which notes who the majority of contributors are, which are Windows users. While yes, the calculated average of Windows users are lower than the others, the pool it is calculated from is significantly larger. The last time I saw the pie chart of users, it looked like Windows users were about 60% of all contributions, and Linux and Mac were 20% each.

In other words, while the calculated averages are as they show, the larger the sample size, the more likely the chance of the average contribution will likely be lower.

Still cheap.
Less games for those other platforms = more scarcity = higher value for games.

Plus smaller numbers of people means the averages are likely to be higher.
#75 Posted by WickedCobra03 (2109 posts) -

I have bought 2 of these games already, so i dunno if it is a huge deal for me. Although i might throw15 bucks their way for the other 3 and a bit of the money is going to charity (will probably go 50/50)
.

#76 Posted by Qodot (105 posts) -

Donations up to $599k right now. And Notch has gone up to $4k. Pretty cool.

#77 Posted by theuselessgod (320 posts) -

This whole pack is worth it for VVVVVV. 
I'd only heard of the others and sampled them. Here's my opinion: 
Cogs - Way fun, clever spin on an old trick, but gets pretty tricky pretty fast. Good in bursts, not long periods. 
And Yet it Moves - Better in concept then in practice. A fun diversion, but not wonderful. 
Crayon Physics - Quite clever, really fun, but gets hard REALLY fast.  
Hammerfight - Not great. But it's weird. 
 
I'm sad that Crayon Physics on steam isn't Mac supported (even though all the games have Mac versions on the site). Get on that, Steam! I like all my games in one convenient location! :)

#78 Posted by dudeglove (8010 posts) -

If anyone bought VVVVVV off Cavanagh's site beforehand, you should have gotten an email from him allowing you to download the indie bundle's 2.0 version for free ^_^

He can't patch the previous version, as it's just too big.

#79 Posted by Xpgamer7 (2384 posts) -

I've played most of these but I'm still happy to contribute.

#80 Posted by louiedog (2335 posts) -

If you bought the bundle you can now play Minecraft for free until August 14. Just go to your bundle key page from the link in your email for the code.

#81 Posted by Corvak (1124 posts) -

no love for crayon physics? Its a great puzzle game :)
#82 Posted by MeatSim (10893 posts) -

Probably get this just for VVVVVV.

#83 Posted by Forcen (1835 posts) -

New free game added to the bundle: Steel Storm: Burning Retribution.
"It's applied to all past HIB #3 purchases and all future ones, no need to do anything extra"
 
"We are working on getting it added on Steam and Desura"

#84 Posted by Rhaknar (5939 posts) -
@Forcen said:
New free game added to the bundle: Steel Storm: Burning Retribution.
"It's applied to all past HIB #3 purchases and all future ones, no need to do anything extra"
 
"We are working on getting it added on Steam and Desura"

 
yeah this game just added to my steam games list out of the blue, i wondered what happened heh. Good thing steam does that automatically, otherwise i would never find out
#85 Posted by louiedog (2335 posts) -

They've included HIB #2 for anyone paying more than the average which is currently $4.80. If you did so you should already have links and Steam/Desura keys on your bundle #3 key page.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.