Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hydrophobia

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Sep 29, 2010

Kate Wilson is a systems engineer who must defend a city-sized cruise liner from a terrorist attack in this XBLA/PSN title. The water physics play an integral part in combating the terrorists and moving around the cruise liner which poses a problem as Kate is aquaphobic.

Hydrophobia - Thoughts on the game?

WoodenPlatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WoodenPlatypus

I saw the trailer for this game in 2008 (I think) on the E3 highlights and thought it just looked like another random game I wouldnt think of playing. Yet after the more coverage it was given this year I have to say Im interested. The enviroment is meant to be fully interactive and the water is free flowing and stuff. I think it seems like an original and different idea for a game.  
    I might be wrong, for all I know there could be a game which is similar. Ill probably think of one after posting this. However, just wondering what peoples thoughts are. 

I have a weird obsession with how good water looks on games :/ So this game seems weirdly perfect for me :D. Anyone else have weird obsessions within games? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZceJsTwdcg    
    Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By Jedted
    @WoodenPlatypus said:
    "Anyone else have weird obsessions within games?"

If your speaking in general then i sometimes get obsessed with facial animations when characters are talking. 

But back on topic, Hydrophobia looks amazing for an XBLA title and i can't wait to play it! :) 
    Avatar image for organicalistic_
    Organicalistic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Organicalistic_
    @WoodenPlatypus: ahhhh, i hate water, my biggest fear is dropping the garden hose so its handle hits the ground, then i go from dry to soaked
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By c1337us

Looks like an interesting game. I'll have to keep an eye on it.

Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
    deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

they should make a game called papercutphobia

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Gizmo

During the Killer Crock sewer parts of Arkham Asylum, I kept thinking to myself, "Water levels are so awesome, more games should have them." 

So yeah, I have a beady eye on this game.

WoodenPlatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By WoodenPlatypus
    @Gizmo:
    Ive been watching it for a while, I had similar thoughts whilst playing Batman and was thinking about water in games. Definatley looking forward to this and I hope it lives up to what I want it too :D
    Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Scooper

My mate and his sister always used to just turn off the game when it came to a water area in the Tomb Raider games. They couldn't handle it so they just went and explored the rest if they came up to it. I lmao watching them go all tense and scream when they had to just swim like 15ft under something.

Avatar image for mancombseepgood
    MancombSeepgood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MancombSeepgood

It looks very interesting indeed. Those water textures and animation and everything looks incredible, but I just hope that won't be the only thing the game has going for it. If it can nail the swimming controls and doesn't end up being boring, then it could shape up to be a great game.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.