Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Hyperdimension Neptunia

Franchise »

An RPG series with the meta twist of personifying video game companies as game characters.

No hyperdimension Neptunia: Re;birth quicklook

Avatar image for kenpachiramasama
    KenpachiRamaSama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Seriously why isn't there one? You've never had a neptunia quick look before and its holding steady at like 6th highest selling games on steam.

You've quick looked two HD rereleases in recent memory (Valkiria Chronicle and Grim Fandango) why not this one?

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

Unless you want Jeff and Dan to violently make fun of it, then you do not want them to quick look the game. The only JRPG the staff of this site care about is Persona. Anything else, they don't know about or care about. Why do you want people that have zero interest in the game to quick look the game?

PS: It's creepy anime bullsh*t.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By cloudymusic

I'd assume it's because they just aren't interested in it. GB has typically had the stance of not forcing themselves to cover things that they don't want to cover, and a game where pretty much every character is a cute anime girl isn't something that seems to appeal to any of them (unless Jason has an interest or something, who knows). Otherwise, you'll probably get a QL where they just sort of poke fun at it, a la Otomedius Excellent.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By CaLe

Why is this so high on Steam? It looks like it's been made mainly to appeal to the perverted among us. How many of them are there?

Follow-up report:

No Caption Provided

I decided to do some of my own research, and just from a preliminary inspection I've been able to approximate how many perverts are currently running Steam and this game at the same time. 1818 right at this moment. If we assume that some of them are currently hibernating, we can go on to estimate that their numbers may be in the tens of thousands, if not more. I've been keeping an eye on the Steam stats page over the 2014 - 2015 period and noticed a sudden leap in users around Christmas time, leading me to believe that the service may have been infected by a case of full-blown perversion. This game selling so well solidifies that notion. They're taking over and there may be nothing we can do about it.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@cale said:

Why is this so high on Steam? It looks like it's been made mainly to appeal to the perverted among us. How many of them are there?

Ya know, as someone who isn't a fan of either animé OR jrpgs, once you get past the fact that yo some of the chicks in this game have large breasts (why some characters having boobs is a bad thing to you I'll never know, but hey I understand that boobs=bad in the US) the game's actually pretty good.

dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

@cale said:

I am also surprised since these games were never so popular on Playstation. Seems Steam has become a home lately for games like this. Agarest sold well too and there are plenty of visual novels like Neko Para and such.

I have it on Vita and it is alright but Fiery Fencer F is a better game than Hyperdimension Neptunia. It is made by the same people but with less fan service and more actual story. Still, it is a decent game and has some fun momens. It is much better than Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory.

UncleBenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@cale said:

ALL OF US ARE THERE.

Belegorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Belegorm

@cale said:

There is definitely that appeal as for sure, but more than anything I think the lack of JRPGs (especially the newer, anime-er ones), on PC leads to each one selling pretty well when they come out. From the look of the game I've seen, I don't think it necessarily has been made to appeal to the perverted crowd--it's just been made to appeal to the Japanese anime JRPG fanbase. For people who have continued following anime for the past several years, there's been a lot of things you've had to forgive in order to enjoy a series.

Also the characters are based off classic Nintendo, Sega, and Sony consoles IIRC, and is some kind of weird anime version of console wars.

That said I'm not buying this any time soon.

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

You guys need more NepNep in your life.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm still waiting for that Neptunia QL @jeff promised back when the very first game came out.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The three Compile Heart games I've tried to play have all been the hottest of hot garbage. It's like they're on a mission to murder the entire genre of JRPGs.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While I'm all for free artistic expression and all I think games like these should not be allowed to be given a platform. It's just downright creepy as fuck.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.