Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

I Get This Call Every Day

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Dec 21, 2012

A personal tale of unwinnable realities. A conversation-based game encapsulating life in a call center.

Adobe Air error

BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By BD_Mr_Bubbles

Every time I try to launch the game I get an error saying it needs an updated version of Adobe Air, I have the latest version anyone have any ideas?

EDIT: fixed it, apparently the game doesn't like it when you extract the zip to a different folder than where it was downloaded. Extracted the game in the same directory as the initial zip file and it worked.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Ravenlight

Restart your computer.

Did that fix it?

Yes: Cool.

No: Try uninstalling AIR from Add/Remove Programs and reinstall it from here.

BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By BD_Mr_Bubbles

@Ravenlight said:

Restart your computer.

Did that fix it?

Yes: Cool.

No: Try uninstalling AIR from Add/Remove Programs and reinstall it from here.

Tried reinstalling/restarting no luck though, thanks anyway

Avatar image for deactivated-5d48c59b057e6
    deactivated-5d48c59b057e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

@BD_Mr_Bubbles: That's very weird. Are you moving the .exe file out of the main folder? It has to be inside that folder, because all of the necessary AIR components are there. It shouldn't require AIR to be installed on your PC, because it's running its own contained version of it.

If that doesn't work, you can always run the .swf version of the game in a browser. Not perfect, but it works.

Don't forget that you can contact me directly for support at contact@davidsgallant.com

BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BD_Mr_Bubbles

@Zvarri said:

@BD_Mr_Bubbles: That's very weird. Are you moving the .exe file out of the main folder? It has to be inside that folder, because all of the necessary AIR components are there. It shouldn't require AIR to be installed on your PC, because it's running its own contained version of it.

If that doesn't work, you can always run the .swf version of the game in a browser. Not perfect, but it works.

Don't forget that you can contact me directly for support at contact@davidsgallant.com

Thanks for the reply. Yes I left the .exe in the folder same error I'm going to try re extracting it again.

BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BD_Mr_Bubbles
    No Caption Provided

This is what I get

EDIT: Problem solved, see original post for details.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BD_Mr_Bubbles: What the...? You somehow managed to extract it in a way that destroyed the directory structure. Files that should be within folders are all out and about. Not sure how that would have happened. At least you fixed it.

BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BD_Mr_Bubbles

@Zvarri said:

@BD_Mr_Bubbles: What the...? You somehow managed to extract it in a way that destroyed the directory structure. Files that should be within folders are all out and about. Not sure how that would have happened. At least you fixed it.

Yeah game is pretty good, as for the extraction process I used I dunno maybe its my zip extract program (freeware, 7zip) but I never had any other problems with it, Great work though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@BD_Mr_Bubbles: Thank you!

BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BD_Mr_Bubbles

@Zvarri said:

@BD_Mr_Bubbles: Thank you!

No problem, glad to support good indie devs.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.