I suck. Any tips?

#1 Posted by wosifat (188 posts) -

Seriously...

#2 Posted by Whisperkill (2969 posts) -

try drinking an energy drink or something. 

It should give you better reflexes and overall focus

#3 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

Switch on and off between colors?

#4 Posted by august (3833 posts) -

I never got good at the game but it's basically all about memorization.

#5 Posted by skunk (240 posts) -

play on Easy at first so the enemies don't return fire when you blow them up. Plus you can use this opportunity to concentrate on properly switching polarity. On Normal, keep in mind they will return fire with similar polarity and that when things get hairy, you shouldn't necessarily shoot everything up. The reasoning being: if the screen gets too nuts, you don't want to add more bullets to the screen yourself if you can just dodge the enemy.

#6 Posted by UnoGenius (143 posts) -

I've heard that some people change the button layout so they can move more quickly. Maybe this is something you should try.

#7 Posted by ArclightBorealis (1563 posts) -

Change the button layout to something that fits you.  

Get used to switching polarities. 

Use your special attack once you've absorbed enough energy to clear the screen. It helps when there's too much on the screen. At that point, just focus on dodging and absorbing rather than shooting.

If you play on Normal, kill enemies of the opposite polarity so they don't fire at you upon blowing up. Easy, this doesn't happen whether you kill enemies with the same polarity or opposite.   

For a bigger score, master the chain system. Kill 3 enemies of the same polarity before moving to one of an opposite porarity. You can tell what your progress is by the blue/red orbs on the side of the screen. Get three to add a chain.

And the biggest. MEMORIZE the enemy attack patterns. If you play a level enough times, you'll know what to expect. Do whatever's necessary to remember what to do and perfect your strategy. 

That's all.

#8 Posted by AzHP (156 posts) -

What I would do is watch the leaderboard replays for the top players, and just do what they do.

#9 Posted by shodan2020 (660 posts) -

watch videos of top players playing.. memorize... get really good at switching polarities.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.