Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

inFamous

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released May 26, 2009

inFamous is a third-person open-world action game in which players take control of Cole, an urban explorer / bike messenger changed by a mysterious blast that grants him electricity-based superpowers.

I cannot stop playing this.

metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By metalmoog

I picked this up used the other day for a measly $25. I had remembered it received positive reviews all over the net, but I wasn't sold yet. My buddy picked up Prototype and was telling me about how awesome it was, and that's what motivated me to buy this. He's currently working on Prototype, and I'm playing this.  I've only had it for two or three days so far, and just cannot stop playing it. It's totally exceeded my expectations. From the amazing urban landscape, to the comic book style enemies, diverse attacks and gameplay, I'm loving this title! A lot of the gameplay mechanics remind me of Uncharted 2 and that's a good thing.  

I don't think there is any way possible Prototype is going to top this, when I finally get around to swapping him! :D

As soon as I finish my campaign of evil, I'm going to fire up a new game as a goody. Damn this game is good, I cannot wait for the sequel.

duderbattalion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By duderbattalion

One of the best games I had played that year for sure. I totally know what you mean. How far are you in the game ?

metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By metalmoog

I am in the process of taking out all of those poisonous gas balloons floating above the city, I think there are 5 of them.  I'd done three so far when I saved and quit.

metalmoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By metalmoog

Completed it as Evil Cole. Want to jump right back into this and finish it as Hero Cole, as soon as I'm done playing Arkham Asylum & Assassin's Creed II. After finishing this game and seeing it right through until the end, this game was all good, all the time.  One of the most enjoyable games I've ever played. Well done Sucker Punch, inFamous is a monumental game!

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By SSully

It really is a great game. The controls and combat are just so fluid, it makes you feel so powerful. I cannot wait for InFamous 2.

Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Ghostiet

I found playing Hero on Hard easier - it's less of a hassle to heal and regenerate ammo than when you're Infamous.

A great game, really. The only real flaw I could name is that the Warren is way too long. Half of events there should take place in the History district, it brings some unnecessary fatigue.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By Yummylee

It took a while for me to really get into it. I liked it, but it was until the second island that I then started to sink 5-8 hours at a time in the game.

Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Romination

I'm here for team Prototype! Team Prototype? Anyone? 
    ...oh well... 

Yeah, you probably won't like Prototype as much. That game's more about 'GO WRECK SHIT' while inFamous actually tries to have a story and ground it more (even though you're electric dude). Though it makes you feel sooo good in Prototype when you beat a tank to death and then throw it at a helicopter (followed up by a flying kick).

Avatar image for deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335
    deactivated-5fb7c57ae2335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I have never played this game.  But I want to.

tandm5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By tandm5

Definitely a great game.  The first play through as Good Cole took a few days of casual playing, but I blew through the Bad Cole campaign in a couple hours.  Total disregard for citizen safety is a plus.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.