Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Jamestown: Legend of the Lost Colony

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Jun 08, 2011

Jamestown: Legend Of The Lost Colony is a neo-classical top-down shooter for up to 4 players, set on 17th-century British Colonial Mars.

Does it get harder?

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By TobbRobb

I'm just wondering, because I played throught the first 3 stages on normal and thought it was really easy. And the fourth time I started a level was the first one on divine "The hardest unlocked" and finished it first try "don't get me wrong, it was challenging". So I ask, does the dificulty scale with the story or will it just be about the same throughout?

craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By craigbo180

Well on the quick look there was two extra difficulty modes you could unlock, hardcore mode and another one (I forget). Divine looked pretty damn hard to me but not on the level of a treasure game.

emem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By emem

@TobbRobb: It gets harder. I'm not really used to bullet hell games anymore and it still didn't take me that long to finish the story mode. For me "divine" is already pretty hard, starting at the 2nd level.. I finished the first one on the first divine try, too, but haven't beaten the 2nd one yet. 

It's a great game, but I need a break. ;)

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TobbRobb
    @emem: Yeah I couldn't get the second level on Divine either, though legendary so far seems manageable, at least for the first three levels. Gonna play some more tomorrow I think.
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a7752ce5b3c2
    deactivated-5a7752ce5b3c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Divine is quite solid on the later levels, but Judgement is just insane.

Forderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Forderz

I think that second level is harder on higher difficulties than Badlands or New Madrid... It's got absolutely nothing on the final level though.

IgnisPhaseOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By IgnisPhaseOne

The game really isn't challenging in the normal mode, right? You get NINE lives per level, you can still make mistakes and beat a level.

Gauntlet mode? Dear Christ. Nine lives for a whole set of five levels on Legendary, Divine, or (god help you, literally) Judgement, this game's a whole different sack of beans.

Also, it's not just about getting to the end, right? You're trying to score-attack too...

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By the_hiro_abides

I just beat the last level on Legendary. I'm looking forward to beating this game on Judgement. I just have to beat it on Divine. The game is definitely getting harder. But man, it is so great!

I feel like I'm getting better at bullet hell games. Maybe this will finally get me to finish Ikaruga.

IgnisPhaseOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By IgnisPhaseOne

That's one thing I really like about Jamestown; it feels like it's not kicking your ass, but it really is.

I'll be honest, the only roadblock for me was Divine Croatia. And even then, I got my strategy down for dealing with everything and it got that much easier. It helps that I've attempted to score attack the other few shmups I have played (Viper Phase One, Ikaruga, Imperishable Night, CRS88) so the biggest difficulty with Judgement is getting all the score attacking stuff down properly.

Bojangle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By Bojangle

Don't forget the challenge mode too which (for me at least) is incredibly... um, challenging. I've just got The Luge challenge left to do before I can unlock the 5th set of challenge levels and it's bloody tough. Two bosses at once, actual bullet hell. :D

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TobbRobb

Yeah I realise there is a lot of replayability and sidestuff to be had, ^^ just wondered because the main game seemed easy. So far i've beaten all levels except 2 and 5 on divine and finished a bunch of challenges. I still think it is pretty easy, haven't played a bullet hell shooter in years and still managed most of the harder runs first try. The gauntlet seems like the best challenge, looking forward to it.

Avatar image for the_hiro_abides
    the_hiro_abides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By the_hiro_abides

Judgement is where it gets real. I haven't beat the first level yet on that difficulty. Also I'm a challenge away from unlocking the fifth set as well.

IgnisPhaseOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By IgnisPhaseOne

Challenge modes help you improve as a player. The game isn't meant to be a "can't see this game if you suck" challenge. That's what Gauntlet is for.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.