Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Jansen Friedh

Character » appears in 1 games

Originally a lackey for Gongora, Jansen learns he is being used and decides to join Kaim in taking him down.

Jansen makes me not want to play Lost Odyessy

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Ramone

I'm fairly new to JRPGs, in fact the only other ones I've played were FFX (I think) and Persona 3 (which I'm a big fan of) but I don't know if I'm going to make it through this game with Jansen at my side throughout. This guy is one of the most annoying, badly acted video game characters I think I've ever witnessed, which would be fine if he was a bit part character but I'm getting the distinct impression he's in it for the long haul.

I like Baird, in fact I love Baird, his sarcastic nature is clearly a coping mechanism he developed over the years to deal with all the fucked up shit going on around him, sure not all of his jokes hit the spot but the ones that did were genuinely funny and him and Cole had great chemistry. I bring up Baird because Jansen is a poor man's version of that sort of character, none of his jokes are funny, his stumbling, stuttering, Shia LaBeouf-esque dialogue is not only badly written but also badly acted and is the opposite of endearing. It's rare that I say this but I hope with all my heart that I get a chance to kill him somewhere down the line because I don't think I can cope much longer

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Animasta

Just wait until you meet the little kids

stinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By stinky

he's there till the end.

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#4  Edited By Mento  Moderator

Yeah, Jansen gets a lot better the longer into the story you get. He's far more sensitive than he lets on.

I'll concur with in saying that the kids will make you want to quit the game though. At no point do they ever get less annoying. They will eventually talk less at least.

ImmortalSaiyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#5  Edited By ImmortalSaiyan

I never had a problem with Jansen. I in fact like the guy. If you dislike him as much as you claim, best to stop playing.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
    ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By ShadowConqueror

I like Jansen, and I like Baird too. Once you get more party members you can swap him out, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By Dagbiker
    I stopped playing because of the kids. I dont remember the drunk, but the kids seemed whiny, and they made me go on a fucking quest to collect flowers and I watched the longest cut scene sending their mom out to sea. 500 people we knew died in the begging and we didn't bury them, but as soon as these fucking 5year olds show up we start burying our dead.

Fuck that.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.