Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Jeff Gerstmann

Person » credited in 4 games

Jeff Gerstmann is the co-founder and former Editor-in-Chief of Giant Bomb as well as a professional video game scientist and anime expert.

Jeff Gerstmann's Top 10 Games of 2015

• 151 results
    confideration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

EIC GiantBomb Blog

Avatar image for deactivated-5c9d14856890c
    deactivated-5c9d14856890c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

floatingyuzu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Each time I sit down to play something it always turns out to be Super Mario Maker.

rayne117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154  Edited By rayne117

@novis said:

Honestly, I think Mario Maker is the best answer for GoTY. Super Mario Maker is a god damn game changer. People are going to steal the SHIT out of it's content, especially with its tile based level creator. And I can easily see this being a "gateway" into game development. Mario Maker just oozes level design philosophy. It won't change things now, but 5, 10, 15 years later. God damn, Nintendo is still a Threat.

Super Mario Maker should have came out a decade ago and be in it's third installment by now. Certainly Nintendo must have been using a similar program to make their own official Mario levels for years, so why they never thought of and released this sooner I cannot understand.

iloveyouprismo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By iloveyouprismo
    @rayne117 said:
    @novis said:

Honestly, I think Mario Maker is the best answer for GoTY. Super Mario Maker is a god damn game changer. People are going to steal the SHIT out of it's content, especially with its tile based level creator. And I can easily see this being a "gateway" into game development. Mario Maker just oozes level design philosophy. It won't change things now, but 5, 10, 15 years later. God damn, Nintendo is still a Threat.

Super Mario Maker should have came out a decade ago and be in it's third installment by now. Certainly Nintendo must have been using a similar program to make their own official Mario levels for years, so why they never thought of and released this sooner I cannot understand.

rayne i am with you, i dont really have an interest playing 2d mario levels anymore, and I have no creative bones to make a level - that being said I do enjoy watching it on twitch often, so that is something

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very happy to see Axiom Verge on here. It's the only game of 2015 I've actually played since my backlog continues to be massive. It takes something pretty special to get me to pay full price near release for it these days, and AV did not disappoint.

mganai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By mganai

The first Metroid had too much repetition. Series became so much tighter with Super Metroid.

But yeah, still need to play Axiom Verge.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.