Pictures from his gas pumping days?

#1 Edited by MikeHawk (382 posts) -

I think this originated back when Jeff and the rest of the Bomb Squad were back at Gamespot, but I remember Jeff owning the domain name "jeffgerstmannpumpsgas.com." The only thing on the site was a picture of Jeff pumping gas into his car. I really want to find that picture, but it disappeared from the internet. The site isn't on archive.org and I get nothing from google searching. Does anybody know where I can find that picture?

#2 Edited by I_smell (3924 posts) -

but what are you using it for?

#3 Posted by TooWalrus (13254 posts) -

That's because it was like Jeffgerstmannshowsyouhowtopumpgas.com or something

#4 Posted by Afroman269 (7387 posts) -

@I_smell said:

but what are you using it for?

to fap to

#5 Edited by EpicSteve (6495 posts) -

I'm sure if you ask nicely, Ryan can take a picture of Jeff next time they're at a gas station. I like girls, you like dudes pumping gas. I don't judge.

#6 Posted by MikeHawk (382 posts) -

I might make it my avatar. If not, then just for enjoyment.

#7 Posted by deathstriker666 (1337 posts) -
This one?
#8 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@deathstriker666 said:

This one?

Crowdsourc'd!

#9 Posted by MikeHawk (382 posts) -

@deathstriker666: not that one. The one I'm thinking of might have been shopped. and it was of better quality.

@TooWalrus: you were right about the URL. but it doesn't exist anymore.

#10 Posted by McShank (1629 posts) -

http://www.giantbomb.com/jeff-gerstmann/72-89712/jeff-gerstmann/52-113354/gas/51-1296615/

Death beat me to it.

#11 Posted by Mikewrestler5 (601 posts) -

You'll never find it.

#12 Edited by awesomeusername (4230 posts) -

Illuminati took it down. No one was supposed to know Jeff pumps gas. True story.

#13 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1438 posts) -

LOL. This thread=Win.

#14 Posted by Loose (419 posts) -
@MikeHawk: This what you were looking for?
#15 Posted by Giantstalker (1708 posts) -

@Ravenlight said:

@deathstriker666 said:

This one?

Crowdsourc'd!

The hotdog made me lol

#16 Posted by Rockanomics (1150 posts) -

Lol you guys are weird.

#17 Posted by MikeHawk (382 posts) -

@Loose: Yes, that's the one! Those were the days....

#18 Posted by dagas (2899 posts) -

Speaking of pictures you can't find on the internet. Remember that console that never came out? the Phantom. It had a really nice piece of wallpaper that was black with a silver logo in the middle. I used that as a desktop wallpaper back in 2004 or something and for nostalgia I'd like to have it again, but can't find it anymore since they closed down the site many years ago.

#19 Edited by I_smell (3924 posts) -

I vow to never call myself a part of this forum.

#20 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2169 posts) -

@I_smell said:

I vow to never call myself a part of this forum.

One of us. One of us.

#21 Edited by Obinice (275 posts) -

I've always wondered why they call petrol gas over there. It would make huge sense if it were actually a gas, but it's a liquid. Also even if there is a perfectly good reason to call it gas, wouldn't it get confusing sometimes when trying to differentiate between the gas used in your hob and the gas used in your car? Say you wanted a can of gas. Now, do you mean you want a petrol can, or a gas can?

I'm all for different cultures and language evolution, you want to remove the u from colour that's cool bro I get you, there be logic thar! I just don't understand this particular difference, lol. 

Four candles! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz2-ukrd2VQ

#22 Posted by Barrock (3551 posts) -

@Obinice said:

I've always wondered why they call petrol gas over there. It would make huge sense if it were actually a gas, but it's a liquid. Also even if there is a perfectly good reason to call it gas, wouldn't it get confusing sometimes when trying to differentiate between the gas used in your hob and the gas used in your car? Say you wanted a can of gas. Now, do you mean you want a petrol can, or a gas can?

I'm all for different cultures and language evolution, you want to remove the u from colour that's cool bro I get you, there be logic thar! I just don't understand this particular difference, lol.

What's a hob? What's the difference between a gas can and a petrol can?

#23 Posted by chrismafuchris (1088 posts) -

@Obinice: If we called it petrol, people would get it mixed up with patron, and can you imagine how terrible that would be? We in the Americas like to play it safe.

#24 Posted by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

Along similar lines, has anyone got that photo from vinnygetsareacharoundfromalexwhilebradshoutsemails.net? I want it for...something.

#25 Edited by Obinice (275 posts) -
@Barrock said:

A hob is the top part of a stove, the part you put your pans onto. You store gas in a gas can for use in portable stoves, fireplaces, etc. They tend to look like this.

@chrismafuchris said:

@Obinice: If we called it petrol, people would get it mixed up with patron, and can you imagine how terrible that would be? We in the Americas like to play it safe.

Haha, the alcohol? I just Googled it. Man yeah, play it safe. Don't want drunk cars, or....dead drunks ><
#26 Posted by Barrock (3551 posts) -

@Obinice said:

@Barrock said:

A hob is the top part of a stove, the part you put your pans onto. You store gas in a gas can for use in portable stoves, fireplaces, etc. They tend to look like this.

Ahhh, we call that Propane.

#27 Posted by benpicko (2011 posts) -

@Ravenlight said:

@deathstriker666 said:

This one?

Crowdsourc'd!

This reminds me of Zaboo from The Guild, lol

#28 Posted by Milkman (17171 posts) -

@deathstriker666 said:

This one?

That's the wrong one. The other one was much more...professional.

#29 Posted by Obinice (275 posts) -
@Barrock said:

@Obinice said:

@Barrock said:

Ahhh, we call that Propane.

Hmm so here's some interesting facts the internet/wiki dug up for me. Propane gas is a by-product of natural gas, and it's used for portable stoves, etc. However the gas you get pumped into your homes is natural gas. I did not know there was a difference between the gas in a gas can and the gas in my home! Wow.
#30 Posted by jim_dandy (891 posts) -

@Obinice said:

Gas is short for gasoline.

I think like many languages, the definition of what is being used has to come from the context, but in the case of gas in a "hob" we typically say propane, which I think most Americans would understand is a fossil fuel used to power portable stoves or barbecues.

If someone told me they had a gas-powered stove at home, I would understand from the context that it would probably be a natural gas stove.

#31 Posted by chrismafuchris (1088 posts) -

@Obinice: We also avoid calling propane hob because that would cause confusion when we call someone a hob-knocker.

#32 Posted by JimFear (8 posts) -

WHAT?

Eating a hot dog and fuel your car at the same time? You cant do that in real life!

#33 Posted by ThePickle (4189 posts) -

@deathstriker666 said:

This one?

I don't think that's it. That was from a driving home Ustream with Jeff and Ryan. Jeff got a hotdog from a gas station. It was not well cooked.

#34 Posted by WickedCobra03 (2113 posts) -

@Loose said:

@MikeHawk: This what you were looking for?

Priceless.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.