Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Jeremy Soule

Person » credited in 60 games

Jeremy Soule is an award-winning composer, best known for his work in the Elder Scrolls, Guild Wars, Harry Potter & Total Annihilation series.

Jeremy Soule should write longer themes

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Geno

Jeremy Soule is an undoubtedly talented composer, writing the themes for games such as Guild Wars and Company of Heroes. I love listening to them, but the main problem I find is that they are way too short. They are often large orchestral scores, which you would expect to be long and epic but most of them only clock in at around 2 minutes, shorter than most ambient tracks in games.

The theme usually takes 30 seconds to start up, goes into an awesome main melody for about a minute, but then ends abruptly and starts to wind down. Here are some examples:

Guild Wars Prophecies Main Theme
    Company of Heroes Opposing Fronts Main Theme

Compare to:

Wrath of the Lich King Main Theme
    Metal Gear Solid 3 Main Theme

As you can tell, the quality is at least as good, perhaps even better than similar game music, but the short length of Jeremy Soule's pieces heavily detract from the overall experience. I realize that it's very difficult to compose music for games, but his work would seriously benefit from an increase in length.

Grimjim8000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Grimjim8000
    @Geno: I agree that some of his pieces are not long enough. But nevertheless i love them all the same. His music made my guild wars experience even more enjoyable

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.